How to ask a guy out? Need help please?

So I like this guy that goes to the same sporting events I do. I finally got up the nerve to ask him to borrow something and when I went to give it back, I said we should meet up for drinks... which we did. We had a really good time, but I think he's a little shy and awkward. I want to ask him out again, but I don't really know how to do it or what to say. Part of me thinks I should just tell him point blank "I had a lot of fun with you the other night. I like you. Let's grab drinks again soon"

Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, from my own experience with not laying out my intentions completely openly apparently, you need stronger language. You can keep your "I had a lot of fun with you the other night", but then say "can I TAKE you out for drinks on?" where "blah blah blah" is a date and time.

I still don't really understand why the woman I asked to a movie didn't realize I was asking her on a date. Man asking woman to do something at a specific time and date with no human witnesses to the conversation, but whatever. She freaked or something when I actually said date on something else I wanted to do with her. Whatever, large age difference, and I'm on the high side of it.

What Guys Said 2

• Ya say to him that you like him very much. This is the best and safest way to deal with it.

• yeah tell him, im sure it would make him happy

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should just say that you had lots of fun with him and you would really like to do it again really soon.