Females: Did I just screw it up with this girl by being pushy?

She's been my friend for a while, we are both home for summer break. We hung out a few times, yesterday we went to an amusement park and it was a really fun time. Today I called her to ask her out to dinner, she told me to text her instead so I did and she told me she would come to dinner when she returned from a family trip. Here's where I screwed up. I told her I wanted to take her out prior to her leaving. She told me again this week wasn't a good week. I responded by saying I would rather be told yes/no about THIS WEEK and she didn't reply. She told me from the start she would after she returned from vacation but I came off as pushy. Now I'm not sure if I should wait till she returns or give her a text in a couple of days saying hey I'm sorry I came off pushy etc. but I would still like to take you out when you return.

What Girls Said 1

• definitely too pushy. but you can fix it. you don't want to bother her on he family vacation, and she may not have her phone on her all the time, so i think you should wait until one of the last days of her trip to text her and apologize. Tell her that the offer for dinner still stands, and say if she's still interested, you would like to know what days work best for her. that way she can decide when she wants to go out.

What Guys Said 0