How do you feel like public demonstrations of love, for example, holding hands or kissing in the middle of the street?

What are your opinions in public demonstrations of love?

When I'm dating someone I hate it when that person holds my hands on the street near people, because I feel like that gesture is like putting a string on me and saying to everyone "she's mine, back off".

Holding hands, giving kisses, hugging... do you like to do that with your bf/gf on public, like in college, coffee shop, street?

When I try to explain what I feel about, for example holding hands, to a guy he does not understand me and starts saying that it means I don't love him. That's not true. I just don't like to lose my personality. What if our relationship doesn't result, then every single guy that once saw me holding hands and kissing him will associate me to him and will never start any conversation with me. I think that I can show my love to that person in many other ways, like I know that any person that looks at the way I move, the way I smile and the way I look at my bf shows instantly what I feel about him, I don't think I have to actually demonstrate it THAT much in public situations, I don't think it's classy.

• Who does that should get a room
  • I can't see any problem, I do that all the time
  • Just hold hands sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• I think PDA can easily become childish. Holding hands is not an issue, but anything more than a half second kiss is too much. It's alright to not want to hold hands but your reasoning is a little off.

Hot tip: When you're walking with your boyfriend, you really shouldn't concern yourself with future potential partners.
    A) Random people don't just remember who you are, or what you were doing when they first saw you. I promise
    B) You should really be all about your boyfriend in that regard when you have a boyfriend.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, I personally enjoy doing all of those things. And the following actually holds a LOT of appeal for me: "When I'm dating someone I hate it when that person holds my hands on the street near people, because I feel like that gesture is like putting a string on me and saying to everyone "she's mine, back off"."

When I'm with someone I love, I just can't suppress myself like that; I need to show and share that love, even when in public sometimes. For me, the act of sharing is the oxygen that love needs to breathe in order to survive.. sharing IS how you best do love, after all.

Now, that doesn't mean that I want us to have each other's tongues down one another's throats while we're buying groceries. LOL. Everyone has a line, and while I do love hand-holding, hugs, and cute little kisses every once in a while, I do like keeping certain things just for the two of us. In that way, I can kind of understand where you're coming from here. I will say this, though: at the risk of sounding presumptuous, I think your limitations will become more fluid as you get older. Only time will tell.

• I'd rather love take free flowing and spontaneous expressions. If I'm with a girl, we're just soaking up one another's appreciation. We couldn't give the slightest shit what other people think of us. The notion that she would give me evils or be tense inside when I kiss or snuggle with her in public, well, that doesn't sound too appealing. Recently I was walking past a teenage couple where the guy practically had his hands up her skirt. I could not help smiling to myself, and they both smiled at me embarrassed, when I walked past.

• They are fine with me, just don't start making out in full public view. That just makes people uncomfortable and the single's jealous :)

• I feel the same way. There's just some part of me that finds it disrespectful or something like that. I don't mind holding hands, but anything more than that makes me uncomfortable.

• I really don't like it. Holding hands is perfectly fine, and so are cuddles - but in London you see people practically eating eachother's faces off X_X

• Yes, i like public displays of affection when I'm with a girl

What Girls Said 3

• holding hands, giving kisses , hugging are fine but not when it goes over broad

• So long as its not inappropriate it doesn't bother me.

• I hate seeing PDA so I never do it. The most I do is holding hands.