How can I earn his trust and strengthen his feelings so that he doesn't push me away?

Me and this guy had a good time last week.
Then he went home and got drunk all weekend.
Now he is back and we hung out for like 1/2 hr (just cuddled on his bed), he has written smileys in texts and a few x's but he isn't being the same and i'm afraid he is pulling away.

I know this guy really well and he is in pain and hungover so i just messaged him telling him i will give him space until he's feeling better. He said 'thanks, i have been feeling really down'.

I can see this as a good sign because he accepted my space, gave me a reason and a smiley. But i can't get it out of my head that I am the reason.

How can i earn his trust and strengthen his feelings so that he doesn't push me away?

What Guys Said 2

• hey if he is in pain u dont be away from him instead assure him that i can share ur pain too and can be medicine for his pain. Often say that u love him and u are always there for him. just dont leave him alone :/

• "But i can't get it out of my head that I am the reason."

Get it out of your head. That's the only thing you need to do here.
    There is no earning of trust or changing of his feelings which will make him never push you away.
    When he pushes you away, it's because he's a guy. It's got nothing to do with you.

So you need to work on understanding and accepting that it has nothing to do with you, instead of looking for ways to change the impossible.

What Girls Said 0