Can a woman ever be called a 'player'?

I have always wondered this, and as a man its slightly offensive to me. The term 'player' is almost exclusively used to refer to men who date multiple women at once, play with their feelings etc. But what about women who do the same? Why aren't they called 'players'? Is the society too dumb to realize that even women can be 'players', or is there any specific term which refer to female 'players'?

P. S. I'm not considering words like slut, whore, hoe etc. because those are extremely derogatory words to describe women, and shouldn't be used unless the woman is actually selling sex for money or some other benefit (in short, a prostitute). Its the same as in male 'players' aren't the same as gigolos.

• Yes
  • No
  • There's a different term for female 'players'

Most Helpful Girl

• yes , i knew a player once... she was gorgeous , in a natural way. it looked like she was perfect right out of bed. she was very good at what she did and super smart , every guy want to get with her , but none of them could.. she was nice. and it seemed like she didn't even notice how many guys would just bow down to her at a snap of a finger.. she never seemed to flirt back with the guys , which made it even funnier that they would still try.. i think she's in a ivy league college now.. but i respect that more that the male version of "player" lol.. still talk to her and she's sill really humble. its impressive,, lol

• Mayb because she didn't want to plat with anyone feelings and break hearts and was humble:) was can b called "adorable" but mayb not player cas she didn't played with emotions of guys...

• i think she did. but not on pourpose , i think they did it to themselves lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, women are players, too. Some women use various guys to fulfill different needs and wants. For such women, it's not just about sex.

For example, say a woman is seeing three guys. Guy one: she will use for his looks and sex. She calls him, he calls her, to come over or meet up to do the deed. The exchange, or should I say, the interaction with him is strictly sexual.

Then, another guy, guy two: she's not really into him, but, nonetheless, she will use him for his incredible naivety and eager generosity towards her. He buys her things, she, in turn, continuously feeds him a dream. All the while, he rarely, if ever, gets the opportunity to spend time with her under the sheets.

Now, a different guy, guy three: he is perhaps a guy she wants to date in the future. A guy that she can bring home to momma. She will intentionally give him the impression that she is above one night stands, hookups, and stigmatized sexual and moral conduct. In other words, she'll pretend that she is a "good girl." Unfortunately, this guy will actual believe that he has a winner. If only he knew.

The guys see, date her unbeknownst to each other. She is, in fact, a skilled female player.

What Girls Said 8

• successful gold diggers are female players

hoes and sluts aren't players bc at the end of the day guys don't really place a high value on them.

im talking about the girl who has ballers and rich men blowing money on her to keep her happy. a girl who never seems to date guys who don't take care of her. there are women like that dealing with men who have no problem doing it

• Technically, yes.
    The term that's used is maneater but that one is used usually just for the beautiful women.
    Others get called sluts, hos or cum buckets.
    Though, the vicious and hypocritical from insecure men change depending on the level of bitch ass in said man.

• Ofcourse women can b player too... But unfortunately are called wit bad words like "slut"... Why such injustice? Men are called "STUDS" and "PLAYERS" and gals as sluts? Ya women can b player if she wants. No one can manipulate feelings better than gal. She is master of body language and can produce tears to make guys weak on knees

• I've actually made a promise to myself recently to never call a woman a slut or anything like that if she sleeps with many people. It's not fair and it's not right, as men can sleep with many people and just be called "players." So yes, it is possible to call a girl a player =)

• Its nice that you don't use such derogatory terms for women.

• Do you understand "Why" women are called sluts and men are called players?
      It's a difference of effort put into getting sex.
      Those that earn it through effort are praised, those that do not are put down.
      Same thing with sex.

• So women don't put any effort into getting sex at all, and thus should be shamed for it? I'm sorry, but I disagree and will continue to refer to both sexes as players when they exhibit the same sexual promiscuity as each other.

• Sure. I've seen a few.

• yes they can be called players too

• Of course!! A player is a player be it man woman dog barnyard animal etc.

• A women can be a player but that is not the same as a slut or hoe or that or something. I don't know what the female equivalent of a player is but a women can be one.

What Guys Said 8

• Being called a player IS offensive. To me, a female player is what they call "gold digger."

Women gold dig for money, guys gold dig for the liquid gold aka vagina.

• And the words slut and whore are typically only used for women. Also slut and whore has a more derogatory tone

• Yep, I know one. Yet I love her more than anything in the world

• Then you're just wasting your life. Not surprising, considering your age because at that age, most people don't know what to expect.

• Ah again with the maturity comment, I love her because of her personality and I'm not sure if she played me or not

• The right word is ''slut''.

• Nah, we call em hoodrats bruh

• No.
    The correct term is 'slut'.

• Sure you can call anyone you want.

• No. Because men and women are different. 'Player' implies a level of skill. Women don't need skill to get men to have sex with them. Also not many women are happy with just sex. But those few that are, they're not gonna have trouble

• Hmmmm... interesting! I never knew that 'player' referred to the skills of a man in attracting multiple women.

• I've never heard a guy being called a player unless he actually gets women to sleep with him. a guy that just tries but fails... i've never heard a guy like that called 'player'