Shy girl, I always have to initiate messages? Should I move on?

I always have to initiate conversations. She will reply promptly although only intermittently throughout the day. Replies are always good. Yet 50/50 she will end the conversation and leave me hanging (this use to be me but she has me wrapped around her fingers!). She is very independent.

She is not your typical phone in hand social media consumed all day type of girl though. She's more country laid back, checks phone every now and then. Yet her friends tell me that she is falling for me and I'm the only guy she is pretty much talking to at the moment.

But I cannot take this lack of messaging? What should I do? When she does not reply to me, I back off for a few days and then buzz her again and when I do, it's as if nothing is wrong.

• She's just shy
  • Not interestsed

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually I take it as not interested if they don't ever make an effort, if she's shy and not into texting much it changes things a bit... I would say fuck texting and just ask her to hang out face to face.

What Girls Said 3

• It could really be one or the other... There's no way to tell until you actually ask her out.

• It's really hard to say. Depends on how long you guys have been talking. Plus, maybe you should try calling instead.. Try asking her, but in a nice way of course.

• So it sounds like she's not super into her phone or maybe it's the texting that's a problem. I say call her and see what she does. If she really likes you she will show at some point but right now it sounds like this is all new to her and she's not used to the attention. Hope it works out and hope this advice helped.

What Guys Said 1

• Everything sounds good and well. Refreshingly balanced if anything. Kick back brotha, don't f*%# this up by being too needy or clingy. You'll end up scaring her off. Just go with the ebb and flow you two have right now.