Boys: would you date a girl who is smarter than you?

For example, if she gets better grades then you,
Do you see it as an opportunity to have her help you or do you become afraid that she will think lowly of you?
Why and why not?

I was expecting very contradicting answers but I'm pleasantly surprised

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on her attitude. No one wants to date a snob. I don't really consider people smarter just because they make good grades. I went to school with straight A students, that were so dumb they couldn't answer, opinion questions. They only knew how to memorize, and not think for themselves at all. If they weren't given an answer, then they were unable to form an opinion of their own. That is just pathetic.

The fact is there are many kinds of intelligence, and the way we commonly measure intelligence, which is grading a persons capacity for memorization, doesn't impress me. Problem solving, communication, conflict resolution, the capacity for empathy, are all abilities of the mind, that schools are not teaching or testing properly, and are all far more important to me, than if a girl can memorize the date of some pointless battle that happened hundreds of years ago.

• I did not mean to make this a question about education. I feel like what you are trying to say is that nobody is nessicarily smarter, but rather more gifted in a certain field. I agree with this, however, for my specific question, I was referring to the smartness as in reading comprehension/problem solving ability/fact recital.

• I understand that, but I am saying that grades are a small thing in the grand composition of what makes up a persons intelligence. So there is no reason to be intimidated. Unless the guy already feels he is stupid, it is unlikely to be an issue for him.

• good point (:

What Guys Said 31

• I adore smart Women. I can safely say I dated really beautiful women, who were dumber than dirt, and you'd think an all American guy who loves sex with such women would be attracted to them, but I'm not. One time in the sack, and I'm done. Can't stand ignorance. That surprised me too, cause I'm not generally a guy really beautiful women go for. But when I got one on occasion, they were usually hopelessly STUPID. Maybe that's why I got to sleep with them, but the point stands.

• All the girls I've been out with have had the top grades compared to myself who failed pretty much everything. Then again, that doesn't make me dumb. I never actually bothered or tried at school, but when I applied myself, I made it to a really good University through an unconventional route. I do what I want, and I find that I am in fact more intelligent then most. Good grades only mean that you are good at memorising in school.

Now, I'm in my final year of university having started up my own company, and doing things that the "smarter" people wouldn't even be able to comprehend. And my last girlfriend that was supposedly smart only went and dumped me for dubious reasons, namely cheating on me. Can guarantee that she will not date anyone that comes close to matching me, my caring nature, and my personality, albeit I was a work in progress.

• I forgot to add that I can only date girls that are intelligent. If I can hold an intelligent conversation, and know something other than celebrity gossip, then you're a turn on.

• My girlfriend is DEFINITELY the brains of the operation, haha.

• Yes, it wouldn't make a difference, being smarter, or not just makes her who she is, it would just be another reason for me to love her for her.

• Yeah for sure! It's one of the most important things for my girl to be interested in things and willing to learn new stuff. So am I. If she'd know more than me in some subjects, I'd love to learn from her and discuss with her. I consider myself very intelligent (and I'm not the only one lol), so it wouldn't be an ego problem either.

• To be honest I would like to date a girl that's smarter then me cause that way I can ask for her help during school works and If I get a little bit smarter than her I would make the best surprise party for her and then i would ask her to marry me in a near future.

• I used to date hot and stupid girls and when i grew up i had started to look for smart girls, my dream is a girl who is smarter than me, a girl I can discuss things with her and have good argues

• As long as she still makes a good sandwich, sure.

• Smart women are the way to go.

I'd love to date someone who's smarter than me.

• If i felt that she would look down on me, it would just mean that she has a bad personality.
    But no, that wouldn't bother me, in fact i loocve a smart, strong, capable women.

• If she had just as high social skills as intelligence it would be great.

• Smartness doesn't matter to me as long as she is good to me.
    But if she is more smarter than i would say she should make the first move

• so you'd rather her be the leader if she has more intelligence?

• If she has no problem with me
      I have no problem with her
      But leader. No!!!
      Equals. Yes!!!
      I never judge a girl by intelligence

• Girls I consider smarter than me are very rare or not attractive in my opinion.

But I definitely would if she was attractive. I LOVE smart girls!

• i have in the past, and she would sometimes do papers and homework for me. not because i was too lazy and took advantage of her, but because sometimes i completely forgot about it (im not the best student).

once i was talking to her at like 2am and i said fuck i have a paper due tomorrow at 10, and she said dont worry go to sleep baby i'll do it. and she stayed up all night to do my paper for me.

• Yes... intelligence is an attractive quality which is hard to find..

• I would love to date a girl smarter than me. Haven't met one yet.

• "would you date a girl who is smarter than you?"
    Absolutely.

• Intelligence is a turn on. I'd love to date a smart girl.

• I'm a very smart guy, UC smart. I'd love to date a girl whom was smarter than me, if she even exist 😅. Kidding. But yeah it would be no problem.

• honestly dont care but with someone that doesn't have as much common sense you could have abit more fun out of a immature of than a mature one

• Yeah I would. I would see it as a positive

• Even if I don't really have much to offer, I'll still promise her that she can have the best of me.

• I would date a smarter girl

• I would be impressed with her and mabye even jealous of her

• Sure I guess :)

• I would date a smart woman, but the problem is - would she date me?

• Face is all that matters

• Smart girls turn me on! I guess most of the women I've had relationships with have been smarter than me. In one way or another. I'd be the first to admit it.

• I wish they were more of u in the world lol
      Must guys here aren't like that

• Thank you Sofie! And why not! It's tough to play the aggressive male at all times. Smart women can be good friends and partners (sometimes sparring ones too :-))

• As long as she's not making me feel dumb

• Definitely I can't stand when girls try to act dumb fir attention or begin to think that some guys won't like them if they come off as somewhat smart.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 1

• I was smarter than my bf he didn't mind