Should there be a time limit till sex in a new relationship?

It's a curious thought and sensitive topic/discussion to many couples.

When two people finally become a couple , can waiting too long in a relationship be a problem before they have sex be a good or bad thing?

Example: My friend has been dating his girlfriend for over a year and a half, and only a month ago they just finally kissed. Basically she was new to all of it and he isn't, he loves her but he says its worth it but exhausting for him.

So what do you think? should it be with in a time limit such as a few months or a year? or no limit at all?

• Within 4 months after the official day.
  • Within a year after the official day
  • Over a few years
  • No limit at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think there should be a time limit, but there's no exact time limit. for me, i've never been with a person past four months, so personally think six months is a good starting point to think about getting into sex and junk. however if at some time after that i feel i trust them enough to get into it, i'll do it. depending on who it is it'll vary six months or a year or whenever i think we're good enough for it. gotta have enough trust to do it and it depends on whether or not you trust each other enough no matter when.

What Girls Said 8

• I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have not had sex. And I don't see us taking that step for a few more years. There are a couple more steps we have to take before sex. They include getting engaged and getting married. And yes, he knows and is in agreement with said timeline.

• No limit, but she'd risk yourself with heartbreak the earlier she gives in her desires.

• No limit, do it when you want

• Depends on when you two are both comfortable to :)

• Depends different for everybody.

• It depends on the situation, but I think 6 months-year is good.

• No limit, it's just up to you and the person you're with. For me, within four months sounds good, but I don't have a strict timeline or anything. I just want to know him pretty well, make sure we both have feelings for each other, feel comfortable, etc. It also depends how much time we're spending with each other. If we see each other pretty often, then things might move faster. If it's less often, then it'll probably go slower.

• I only waited 3 weeks with my current boyfriend...

What Guys Said 3

• It depends why they are waiting.

If they are both religious and want to wait till marriage they might wait years and have everything work great.

If you've had sex before and are waiting a year, this is probably a sign of problems.

Virgins waiting over a year weren't ready to be in a sexual relationship. That's different from not being ready Within the relationship.

• My friends girlfriend is a virgin while my friend isn't. she's just uncomfortable with things so he's being patient.

• Mmhmm.

Unless she's 12, taking 15 months of dating to kiss suggests something is seriously wrong.

• a couple months.

• There isn't a limit. If it doesn't feel right, then people shouldn't feel pressured into it.