What do you think of interracial dating? Go, or No?

So, I am a white girl being engaged to a korean guy. I always had a thing for asians. While I think that interracial dating is pretty hot, I often get 'the looks' and bullshit whenever I talk to people (mostly people im not familiar with) about my fiance being asian.

What do you guys think? Would you ever consider dating black/asian/white? Are you attracted to any other race more than your own? And what are your experiences?

As for me I've had mixed experiences about koreans. The guys tend to be very Gentleman at first, always pay, hold doors ect. But on the other hand very selfish, unloyal superficial and feminine.

Thats the experience i made before dating my fiance. Good and bad stuff just like with all the men.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. I have been in interracial relationships before, and if my present relationship doesn't work, I'm willing to do it again, with the right person. (actually, even though I look white, I'm a REALLY weird mix.. so technically, I ONLY interracial date. LOL)

Now that being said.. you have to have a thick skin. Even if the people in your families are cool, you will find other people that are not, an you will have random assholes you've never met, talking smack to your face.

Also, make sure to date longer than normal before you get into a partnership or marriage. Odd cultural differences can pop up and cause differences in goals or hinder communication. A longer dating period will let you know if those differences are a deal breaker, or something you can both grow past.

What Guys Said 7

• I have no problem with it, and in fact my entire dating history has been with women outside my own culture and race.

That said, yes Korean males and Southeast Asian males do tend to exhibit those qualities I've noticed, but that's just a personal observation.

As for the dirty looks from others, meh screw them, they have no right to judge anything and we're certainly in a time where this should not be an issue.

• I have the potential for attraction to women of any race, yeah. I've dated white, Hispanic/Latina, and Pacific Islander, and I'd date other races too as long as I liked the girl.

As for those people that are judging you, pay them no mind. They're probably just jealous that you've found happiness where they have not.

• I'm absolutely okay with interracial relationships, I've been in them.

• I think its a beautiful thing, but comes with some unexpected experiences.
    I would consider dating other races. I see attractive girls from all races, but I haven't been given a chance for a date. Maybe I'm a creeper I don't know?

• I'd do it if I met a really nice girl I was attracted to but I don't think many girls are interested in brown or darker skinned Indian guys.

• Its a yo for me! i mean yesssssssss!

• Let me tell you something, Mark. You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its... stupidity

What Girls Said 9

• I think it's perfectly fine to date whom you like. I date people that treat me right and show me that I can trust them. No matter what I hear on this site or in real life about race I don't let it get me down. It's the softness in his voice that let's me know I made the right decision to date him. Not the skeptics false call to desperation. I've dated through various cultures as I recall, but it doesn't matter. I found my love and we aren't the same race.

• What kind of question is that? Its like asking "Being Gay? Go or no?", discrimination is wrong, dont even give people the opportunity to say its okay

• im jealous! i have a thing for Asians but gosh i dont think id ever have the luck of finding one xD so one, congratulations!! (on the engagement and the good find :p) and two, are you happy? in love? yes, right? then it shouldn't matter what people think! :D i mean, they dont know that love between you two. they dont know they joy you feel with him. love and live happy and dont let closed minded people come i between that ^-^
    again, congrats! :D

• to say i support it would be an understatement, especial Asian male x caucasian female.

society must change. i want to see balance. i am really passionate about this subject but sometimes people make me feel like no one will ever take me seriously about this because they assume i've never faced opposition since i don't even ”look” white so how would i know what it's like?

• Yes! Let's all be one big group of gene and race mixing pool.

I'm Egyptian, Tanzanian and Korean. My boyfriend is Filipino, Mexican, Dutch.
    The world eventually will become one big colossal race. Humanity is slowly opening up to the idea.

• As long as u r happy dont have to bother about others

• I'm Asian and my boyfriend is white. Its not a big deal to me or our families as far as I'm aware.

• Personally, I love the whole idea of mixing the races. Before I met my current boyfriend who's Egyptian, I had only dated Mexicans. Then I don't know I lost interest in them. He has his flaws just like any other guy but at the same time he's amazing and so easy to talk to. I'd never met a single guy that's as generous as he is when it comes to compliments. Even with all the ups and downs I will never regret dating outside the box.

• love knows no race ;) definitely a go