How did you get into your current relationship?

How did you get into your current relationship? Did he/she ask you out first and how? How long did it take until you were labeled as "boyfriend" or "girlfriend"? Details-story time! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• We met at work. I was her boss at first but new once I saw her I had to have her. There were a couple others that was after her or at least see what she was about. But we both worked the late shift and would go on car rides around town and just talk, listen to music and flirt. I step down from my positions and interesting enough she became my boss. After she left my job probably about 4 month mark of us hanging out we became official I took her out to her favorite restaurant and asked her complete with flowers and custom made shirt

What Guys Said 4

• Oh this is a long one. Grab some popcorn.

So my friend at work invites me to this Halloween party. At this party is his ex-girlfriend. I meet her, we chat, I'm digging her, she's digging me. I ask for her phone number.

Now, dear reader, you're going to have to remember that in the dark times. Before unlimited minutes and cell phones, you had to actually pay to make a "long distance" phone call. These could get VERY expensive.

So, my potential girl - out of the kindness of her heart - gives me her work phone number. Her reasoning being as it would not be long distance for me to call her, since I lived in the state where she worked and it wouldn't cost money as it would if I had to call her in the state where she lived.

Me, being the insecure douche that I was - took this as an easy rejection. She could easily get her work mates to say she was "busy" for a few days, and I'd eventually get tired of calling.

So I never called. She could never figure out why.

Fast forward 6 months later, I'm at a wedding taking my friend's wife out as my date. (platonic, of course - and the same friend from the beginning of our story). The girl I never called comes to pick her up we flirt some more.

A month later, we're at a wedding for mutual friends, and I give it another shot. This time I do call after we figure out the misunderstanding.

About 3 months in, she slips up that she wants to be with me "for a long time".

17 years later, and we're still at it.

• What current relationship :O

• It was pretty easy really. Its been going about 18 years now. (I am single. Haha)

• I'm alone! The exclamation mark is there to hide the sadness!

What Girls Said 5

• My BF and I were in med school together. He liked me (he confessed later) but I had no idea and he was too nervous to ask me out. My friend was setting me up with her guy friend at the start of our class, and he was upset and asked her why she didn't hook him up with me. So... he started getting close with my friends and then they invited him to hang in with our group... then he asked my closer friend to see if I liked him (I told her I wasn't interested), and she tried to persuade me to go out with him until I did. I had no idea that this was going on behind the scenes. Even then he still was nervous to ask me out after we were hanging out just the two of us for a month and a half... he asked me "what would you say if I asked you out?" It was really cute because he stuttered and it took him a while to say it and his face was beet red (which I've never seen happen to him before). It took him over a year to ask me out but I said yes... and now we are going to get married soon! We were labeled as BF/GF after about a month and a half of hanging out... then he proposed 6 months later.

• We met the day I was born. It took a minute for us to actually see and recognize each other. But, we've always been together. There is no greater love than this. I love myself. Hahaha just kidding. I'm single. Not cute story. -Forever alone:) lol

• I have know the guy that i am currently with for at least two years, we have had various classes in high school together. We had mutual friends, my girls and his guy hung out so we were going to end up friends regardless. We didn't end up dating until the very end of our senior year when we really picked up on our flirting. But before any could happen he and his family went on vacation to another country for the better part of the summer. When he got back he texted me so I invited him to have dinner with some girlfriends and I where we ended up having our first kiss. A week later he asked on a date and brought me home to meet his family. We had a blast and have been together ever since.

• It was just a gradual progression. After dating for al month or so I just said "I'm not seeing anyone else" and he said he isn't either. Than established exclusivity. Then one day he called me his gf in conversation, but by then it was obvious we. were committed anyway.

• We met at one of the clubs at school in college. One of the guys asked me to go there because he knew that one of the guys there was looking for a drummer and he has heard me drum before. So I got there and started talking to the guy but then the other members of the club started to scramble into the room, so he introduced me to them as they came in.

Right off the bat, I was labelled as the foreign girl, which I technically was but wasn't. I played a few songs with their band and whatnot before I decided that their band was not for me, but I became a member of that club. As soon as I decided it wasn't for me, I started to talk to my now boyfriend a lot more. But of course, it didn't go that smoothly because one of the guys and I always talked about making weapons and all the stupid shit we've done. That made people think I wasn't into my current boyfriend.

What made it worse was that some of the guys would flirt with me and I wouldn't say anything about it but would not flirt back. My boyfriend now thought that I was not into him because of that and he was a little weary about the age. He first thought that I was a year or two older than him until he found out that I was actually still underage when we went to the pub.

My boyfriend and I eventually started to hang out without all the other people around and got closer. I ended up asking him out. I was labeled his girlfriend after two weeks. All our mutual friends knew after the summer vacation was over and we returned to college. His other friends knew during the summer vacation though. None of my friends ever found out.