I can't believe he sent me this message! How would you feel if someone sent you this?

Him:

Hey, sorry to be so flaky. Not only did I take the summer off specifically to spend as much time with my daughter as possible but I've also been seeing someone recently and didn't feel comfortable meeting up with you these last couple weeks.
Hope you understand and I'm just being honest. Not only was it great to see you and catch up but life is crazy and unpredictable so who knows what the future holds.
Talk soon and enjoy the sun! (Except for today:)

(Except for today:) = It is raining here today. We knew each other many years ago and went out recently but we never set up a second date, even though he kept assuring me that it would eventually happen. We did NOT have sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• We don't know your relationship with him... That last tid bit though was weird, "(Except for today:)".
    What is your relationship with him though?

• We knew each other many years ago and reconnected and went on a date recently. We have NOT slept together.

• Thanks. I actually feel a little better about it now. He's not the only guy in town. Although, he is pretty hot lol.

• Hot guys are the worse 😩 lol. You are right:) the next guy will remind you why this one didn't work :)

What Guys Said 4

• depends how I feel towards that person. but if a girl sent me that I would understand best I can. and then throw a brick through her window xD jk

• Based on this message.. Do you think he was ever into me?

• Thanks for all the advice :)

• yee no problem. and drinks whenever you're down ;) hahaa :D

• Totally depends if you were sleeping with him or not.

Were you dating him, or not?

Sounds like he knows you were at least kinda interested in him, and he was afraid enough of fucking you that he didn't want to disrespect the woman he's started seeing.

He wants to keep you as a friend (and/or probably as a back-up woman if he's not seeing someone else/this one falls thru)

If you were fucking him/dating, then this is kinda a douche move, breaking it to you that he's been seeing someone else. If he wasn't, then you were projecting your hopes onto some guy without getting his agreement, or putting out for him.

From his message, it sounds more probable that you guys weren't doing anything (sexual or romantic), but that he felt some sexual tension. Which means, not his fault and quit being so crazy.

If that's not the case, then I retract the crazy bit - and am ready to assign him a certain amount of blame.

• We knew each other many years ago and went on a date recently. We never slept together and are not "seeing" each other so there are no ties between us. However, I made it clear that I was interested in getting to know him better.

• Seriously? Don't you think that makes me look like a door mat? If I did respond.. What do you suggest I say?

• Yes it does - some, I mean don't offer to be his mistress. But you said you want him very badly.

• Find another man single one

• Id be like "Hmm. Notsureifsrs but mirinin others bods already. Mad?"

What Girls Said 12

• It seems he's fond of you but there's someone new on the horizon now whom he'd rather pursue and merely being honest with you about it. Nothing you can really do other than move on and just act like he's not that much of a loss on your part anyway. Although, he appears to wanna leave the door open for you in the event things dont work out with this new girl he's seeing. At least that's the impression I got when he mentions how unpredictable and crazy life is. Lastly, he knows its inevitable that the two of you will "talk soon" and am assuming its normally sunny where you live, "except for today (?)" lol. If that's not true then have no idea what he's referring to there... unless he's so arrogant to think that his message is going to leave you depressed and suicidal. So the best thing for you to do is simply move on and act as if this won't cause you to skip a beat.

• It's raining today so no Sun. We went on a date but technically we were not seeing each other. We never slept together.

• Yes its just your insecurities. Guarantee he only told you cuz he doesn't want u thinking he's a jerk or he wouldv jst blown you off like guys do whn they dnt like someone. Oviously cares about you enough to wanna be honest & save face (just in case)! Understandably this othr girl he's with probably sent your confidence sailing around the room like balloons losing air but dont let it get to you. I boost my confidence by watching Jerry Springer, lol, jk ;D And well if that doesn't do it I workout, get a make over - sometimes just getting a new haircut or manicure will do it. Buy a new outfit. If I haven't been eating right, I'll go to Jamba Juice and down 2oz of wheatgrass... Whtevr mks me feel better about myself. I think he just got to know her better &wants to see where it goes. Im sure you have just as many (if not more) good qualities which made him even give you the time of day. He did say, "who knows what the future holds" leaving the door open for you... And so do! ;)

• Great ideas!! Thanks:)

• He was being honest and respectful. Would you rather have him string you along? I see how it could be hurtful if he was someone you had feelings for but I think he handled this awkward situation quite nicely.

• I would obviously feel upset if someone sent that to me, especially if i was interested in him.. However, he did say it in a really honest and respectful way, so you should respect that. Because usually men would just not mention anything, throw you off and just ignore you. I think you should respond telling him that you understand and that it was nice seeing him too. However don't delete him and stress about it because hey, his 'so called' new person that he's seeing might not even work out. Just go with the flow and see how it goes

• Does it sound like he would contact me if it didn't work out with this girl?

• Maybe! You never know.. Especially if he was interested in you in the beggining. But always remember.. Never settle for second best ;)

• I would probably feel a bit insulted, for I would have thought with the "It was great to see you and catch up' deal perhaps it was going Somewhere. However, with the message sent, his 'Odd' Honesty attached, it tells me he is Not into me, but Into Other Priorities such as 'My daughter' And------Been seeing someone recently.
    Chalk it up as someone who was just this ship in the nite, who decided to set sail and is now just a fair weather friend. xx

• Why would he say that about the future? Isn't that just a cop-out so that I feel less rejected?

• I think you are so right.

• I know, I'm so sorry... But better to know so you know that 'in the future' what to possibly 'Look for in this.'

• he's a user, he was leading you on and was seeing other women until he found one he liked more than you and then lets you know by a lame message. he's a creep and i'd definitely not 'talk soon' .. ever. But on a plus side, at least you didn't end up in a relationship with this douche! Go have some fun of your own girl!

• I don't think he's a douche. He's actually quite sweet and shy. I don't write people off just because circumstances change. Being in your 30's is a totally different ball game;)

• Good luck... you'll need it!

• he's a douche. Your 2nd in line move on

• Forgive me. Maybe I don't understand. But I don't see anything wrong with that message

• That actually seems considerate of him. Did you reply back? I would let him know you're totally ok with being friends

• I did. I said "These things happen. No hard feelings:)"

I wouldn't mind a chance at him in the future if that ever does occur. Lol

• Awesome. Sounds like the best outcome :)

• This would be a first. I like dating other grown ups lol. Less drama.

• Well, if you're his girlfriend or spouse, or something along those lines, he's a douche. That would be the first thing to come to mind. The last line "except for today" sounds extremely mocking.

• I'd just say, "Okay, text me if anything changes."

• But this broke my heart :(

• i don't think he's THAT into you. he may like you as a friend, but that's it

• Um... I'm assuming he's someone you're seeing?

That message to me is a "Hey, I thought I found someone better but it didn't end up working out. So I'm back here with you. Honesty is good so take me back!"

Rude.

• Does it sound like he's trying to get me to take him back?

• To me it sounds like you're the safety net of sorts. But I'm quite young so I'm not really sure how men think, only boys :-p