Would you date a girl who is overweight, but trying to lose weight?

I'm 5'2 and...170 pounds. I'm ashamed. I'm finally starting to get down the right path and changing my entire lifestyle into a healthy one. My weight loss is going really well, but of course it will take awhile to get to where I want to be. Granted, I carry my weight well. I have a large chest (D), and pretty large hips/thighs (unfortunately), so I think that's where most of my weight is.

Be honest, I won't hold it against you guys if you wouldn't, because I understand! I'm just wondering your honest answer?

Most Helpful Guy

• The question you asked and a comment you made are different.

Would I date someone your size? I think I might if you carry your weight as well as some of the 'better' carrying pics showed in the link before. If we knew each other and got along and flirted and you had an awesome personality than yeah and I would be thinking that you're gonna look really good in the future.

But would I approach you to ask you out not knowing you that well? No.

This is good news btw. You say you aren't being asked out now. You are losing weight. Hopefully that IS the reason. Something is and if its your weight it's gonna get fixed.

• Yes! I sure hope it does. I mean... truly I want someone who can be my "best friend". But at the same time, it's nice to know that I'm not hideously ugly, and someone is interested in me. Haha. The important thing is that I'm doing something about it. Then I just gotta hope stretch marks aren't a huge problem... See how much us women worry? We're crazy.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd be friends and probably workout with her but the sexual aspect wouldn't work for me (I know from experience) so as superficial as it sounds, I wouldn't be into her in that way unless she lost the weight. This is coming from a guy who weight trains 5-6 days a week.

• It's fine. I know everyone has preferences. :) Although... I also am not interested in sex until at least a year into a relationship.. maybe that's another reason I don't attract guys. Haha.

• Yea. While I personally don't go for it. I see plenty of guys out there who are like that. Ask any girl who waits until marriage. They find someone.

• I just want to wait until I'm "in love", not necessarily marriage. But I also had prior sexual abuse which makes me want to move a bit slower when it comes to sex I guess. So I just need to find someone who understands me I suppose!

• I am in a relationship with womyn who is going through what you are going through right now. As long as she is happy and health I don't care about the weight. Our families have a history of cardiovascular issue. We will work out and change diets together if the weight becomes unhealthy. Good luck on your quest.

• I think just the weight doesn't tell u everything. The dimensions matter a lot.

• The bodies that mutedaisy linked are very similar to my body actually. Especially the very first one.

• I would and I would help her reach her goal.

• I would, some (not all but some) over weigh girls can be hot

• Too me I would absoultly date a girl if she was over weight as long as they have a nice personality try not too worry about what guys think about ur weight cause what really matters if u are good person and have a nice personality and anyways guys like girls that have a little inch too pinch hope this helps

• As long as you are willing to date a guy that is overweight, or has some other issue, but trying to overcome the issue it shouldn't be a problem. You just have to have a reasonable expectation in the kinds of guys you date.

What Girls Said 1

• You're over weight, but your body isn't bad looking if you look like these gals www.mybodygallery.com/search.html

• I'd say pretty similar to that. Thank you for saying so! I never thought my body looked terrible, but.. I've still never been asked out, and I'm afraid my weight has something to do with it. I was thinking maybe i look bigger than I appear to myself.. haha.

• Maybe but guys are so finicky lol Just do what makes you smile the most :)