How do I get my long term boyfriend back after cheating on him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, and I cheated on him on one drunken night. We have been in a long distance for a few months and that's when it happened. I told him the next day, and I feel completely horrible and love him so much. I know its a big mistake and I can't take it back. I want to gain back his trust and hopefully get back together. I have already given up alcohol and am working on making myself better. He has agreed we still can still have contact with each other. Any advice on how to get him back?

Most Helpful Guy

• Give Him Time, Dont Beg, Dont Talk About The Relationship, Just Talk Regular Talk, Imma Say It Again, Dont Talk About The Relationship, Dont Ask Him To Take You Back, Dont Force It, Let It Happen On It's On...

What Guys Said 2

• You probably don'tif he's smart. You chose someone else, and didn't even give him the respect of dumping him first. Live with it.

Why should he think you won't cheat when you already did?

• You don't like him.

What Girls Said 0