Should stoner guys stick to stoner girls?

I have a lot of passions, activities, hobbies, and past times I like to engage in. One of them includes smoking weed, I even have my medical card here in the state of California ( I'm not smoking at the moment because I'm trying to score this job) but I generally use it for medicinal, recreational, and spiritual purposes. I dated a girl who was against it and it was a major underlying problem in our relationship. I wouldn't say that I totally consider it a deal breaker now but I tend to go for girls who smoke weed anyways. I find that stoner girls are generally more cool, chill, and open minded (there are exceptions) and I see girls who don't especially ones that are against it tend to be very square, narrow minded and judgmental, tell me your thoughts...

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely better. You shouldn't add that extra stress to a relationship. It's always going to be constantly judging & her wanting to change you & that's not healthy in any relationship. You could find a girl who doesn't smoke & is 100% with you smoking but that's rare.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm in that situation right now. My bf smokes all the time. Says he needs to because he has stress and depression. My ex smoked but only 1 or 2x per week. I didn't mind that. I'm having trouble accepting that he is stoned all of the time. It makes him different. I'd kinda like to see what he is like without smoking. I smoked a few times with him and we are always on a different level and I do not feel as connected. I'm not against smoking, but I feel left out when he smokes but yet I don't really want to smoke either. It affects me to much I guess. Also, we both have children. I strongly feel if you have children you shouldn't be smoking throughout your day with them. To me it's like drinking. I don't get drunk when with my boys, so I won't get baked either. Idk... good luck! I'd stick with finding a mutual smoker unless she has completely different views and isn't bothered that you need it.

• He's obviously abusing it and it's not good if there's children around :/ it's like he's trying to cope w some psychological or emotional baggage, when I smoke I just do it during the evenings before I go to bed to get to sleep and socially usually

• Try to talk to him about get him to quit for a bit, the 1st two or so weeks might be tough and can be devastating but after a while he should be able to enjoy his sobriety and then moderate his use :p

• No, he made it clear that this is who he is. I take it or leave it. I'm trying to deal but I hope it doesn't end with me leaving.

• Yes, yes they should.

My rhythm guitarist was a stoner and his mind went... pretty fast... He forgot events that happened, birthdays, what day it was (not like a normal person... I mean a complete blank). It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. We had to let him go. And as for his relationships, he was in a relationship with a girl who didn't smoke weed, but was okay with him smoking. Let's just say she wasn't okay with it for a longer period of time. They had a lot of problems and eventually, of course, broke up.

So... yes, yes they should.

• Sounds like a looser me and my bassist are pretty big stoners and we're always dedicated to our band and playing shows and he's such a huge band whore like he's always playing in multiple bands :p

• No, he was great at playing... but at nothing else... so...

• Guys, stoner or otherwise, should go for whichever girls they like, stoner or otherwise. I haven't smoked weed since I was in high school but I'm not against it nor am I judgmental about it. Everyone is different, but I suppose I can see why being with a girl who is totally against it could put a strain on your relationship but to be honest, everyone is different, go with who you want- doesn't matter all that much if they smoke weed or not- you can do other stuff together.

• Yeah in my last relationship she wanted to CHANGE me and would ask questions like if you had to choose by the way weed an me what would you go with and like I'm thinking "really" you wanna take away something from me that makes me happy, like I hate when girls try to change guys when they should just love and accept them for who they are

• Well you shouldn't be with anyone who wants to change you. It's irrelevant that she wanted to change your smoking habits, it'd be the same if she wanted you to give up a sport you love- or something like that.

• I'd say it depends the girl. If the girl is completely fine with it, then obviously there shouldn't be any problems. But if she doesn't do it and doesn't approve, then you guys are gonna have a lot of problems.

• A girl doesn't have to be a stoner to be dateable to a stoner guy. Someone who isn't again weed is a good idea though. The problem with you dating a fellow stoner means that neither have jobs.. Fuck I sound stereotypical.

• Judgey Judgey Judgey nah I know what u mean that's why I'm quitting for now, u gotta realize that the corporate industrial complex discriminates against stoners tho, like yeah if you abuse weed you'll become lazy, apathetic, and robbed of your motivation but just because you smoke weed doesn't mean that you're not capable of working hard and accomplishing things. All things in moderation. Honestly this finical system of fractional reserve banking has enslaved the world, money is just a tool for control, like think about it the only way humans allow each other to survive is with pieces of paper, coins and numbers on a computors that banks print out and loan out of thin air plus interest :p

• Loan out money out of thin air*

• You can be with whoever you want as long as the girl knows about it and accepts it; but I think that most of people who don't take drugs won't understand your lifestyle.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't date a guy who smokes weed or any other kind of drugs because I don't do drugs

• I've dated a few stoner guys. Not my favorite when I don't smoke.. I used to smoke when my ex and me got into it. It made me pass out and I didn't need to fight any more. Otherwise it didn't help the relationship.

• Sounds like too much indica, indica makes you feel lazy and tired and gives you a body high, sativa gives u a mind high and energizes you that's why I only smoke hybrid or sativa

• my ex was a stoner and i know for a fact that im not, last time i checked anyway

• Well whatever you like go for it!

What Guys Said 2

• This is, nearly like asking should black stick to black people. It's a fairly unanswerable question given stereotypes don't need answers, they need fixing. There shouldn't be any boundary between to people if they really do in fact love each other. Being a stoner wouldn't matter if it's real and accepting.

• I get where you're coming from but people have such a bad stigma when it comes to marijuana even though alcohol and cigs are far more destructive

• While that's really understandable, I'd suggest you just stick to a girl who, loves you for you. Y'know? I mean, I believe if it's real love, she'd want you for you. Stoners don't have the worst rep in the world. You're fine trust me haha.

• Honestly, I wouldn't date a stoner. Something seems off with them most of the time.

I find it interesting that you like to justify the use of it, like my friends who smoke weed. They try so hard to rationalize it that it makes me suspicious.

• It's possible to smoke weed and get shit done dude yr being an ignorant judgmental prick