Are you willing to date someone?

Would you ever date, in real life, anyone from this site? Or any other site...(excluding dating ones, those were made with that purpose)

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose I would leave the possibility open. There are some distinct advantages to talking with someone on GaG in that you get to find out their stance on many issues pertaining to dating and relationships.

It's the kind of stuff that usually takes a long time to discover of someone you meet in person and then hit it off initially.

However, I'd have to be in communication with them for quite some time before I would even consider that step. The internet is a great place for false personas to be exercised.

What Guys Said 22

• I think everything happens for a reason and we shouldn't discount the possibility of finding someone just because it isn't in a place or a time that we would choose to find someone.

• Yes I would date someone I met online because you get to know them first for their personality how nice they are. Some girls really like that because they know you like them for what they are not for the body they might have or the features. Then again If you guys do see each other and person might not be a good looking goddess you're just a shallow jerk to pass out a good human being that can really satisfy you spiritually and physically.

• I date anyone who doesn't seem a jerk. Nothing to lose except an hour of my life.

• Careful there... that's an hour of your life that you'll never get back

• How come your dates only last an hour?

• @smilezz: every hour is one I'll never get back. Why not gamble on what might be decent company?

@palek: The only goal of a first date is to decide whether to make a second. I keep it brief, light, and early, so the escape hatch can swing both ways; we can make a day of it, or we can part forever.

• I wouldn't rule it out. I treat these sites like I treat "real life." Sign up and see what happens.

• Only if the person was really worth it and seemed genuine. I don't think finding someone should be limited to a radius.

• Maybe, if they are in my local area. I've had enough long distance relationships to know that those don't work with me, so if there was someone that was close enough to only drive like 30-45 minutes to see, then why not? But what are the chances of that happening? :P

• I would.

• yeah as long as I seen them on cam only to prove to me they aren't some weard 45year old

• If they were totally awesome, than why not? Should I limit my options to people who live within a certain distance from me? Haha, maybe.

• only if they lived in my city and we talked for over a month by msn or whatever instant messaging. but id become friends with anyone online

• ya. why not?

• yes if they were local ( in my state) and sent me a pic beforehand.

• ye why not ?

you get to know their personality first and then you meet

• No. I would only date someone I actually met.

• It would greatly depend on how well I knew of them from the site, or if I've had multiple chats with them or not, and the age differential.

• Nobody on here has ever mentioned age difference. I mean sure, they think about it, but I think most don't pay mind to it. How would it matter to you? too old, too young. Not mature?

• Oh. It was from past expirience that you make your judgement? I could see how an almost 10 year gap could discourage someone. Not to tell you your wrong or anything but, I have a friend that met his current wife online, in match.com, and he was 28 at the time that she was 19. They've been married 3 years now and from my pov, very much in love. So it age should matter, like you said, when mentally two people are on the same page, so to speak =)

• Hey, that's great. But it was a bad choice on my part with that girl in particular, because she turned out to be very rud to me afterwards. She wouldn't even as to so mcuh acknowledge the fact I existed, nor speak. That didn't help how I felt about the age thing, but that isn't to say that if I were in your friend's shoes, I'd feel differently if I felt we were compatible, then, age wouldn't matter anything to anything to me. But you have a very good pov, btw.

• Sure, why not?

• I think I could. I would be cautious.

• Sure I would. If two people can connect then it shouldn't matter where they met.

• I dated a bunch of girls from MySpace, so it really doesn't make a difference I guess.

• Yes I will. Only if the persons is trust worthy

• If we click and it feels right yeah

• Assuming we had great chemistry, yes. I'd jump at it in a heart beat, love is love no matter where it is, and I'm much better at not being shy over the internet vrs in person,but once I feel close to someone I can be nearly 100% shy free.

What Girls Said 16

• i don't really see a problem with it.. as long as I knew them for a long time over the site. I wouldn't go jumping into a full blown relationship with a guy I talked to for a week. id take it slower online just because it's not as personal and there's a lot of people out there who pretend to be someone they're not. so it's riskier but not totally ruled out

• it take longer for me to figure out the person whether or not I could trust them. I have not ruled the idea completely. for me, I've only had experiences where the guys I went out with lived in the same city

• if we can have a normal relationship like nothing long distance or something like that why not?

i mean people meet each other at all kinda places so yea why not

and I have dated someone I met thru Facebook b4 and it was worth it!

• I went on a date with a guy I met off MySpace once, and it was a bad idea ... he manipulated his pictures, so I barely recognized him when we met, and he was weird and a complete creeper. It was the worst date ever ... he told me how his mom wanted him to knock a girl up so she'd know she'd have grandchildren in the world before she died, he told me in great detail about his crazy ex ... After that incident, I've written off MySpace/Facebook dating or anything like it--you really don't know what you're going to get. We had emailed back and forth for a while and he didn't seem so ... desperate or weird.

As for dating sites, I've used one for a while and have met some pretty nice guys off of it. I've also been introduced to some really strange ones. I don't meet the strange ones-- see above. But, that doesn't really pertain to your question.

• i would have to really get to know the person first..but why not..its a great way to really get to know their personality before to do anything else. its just like meeting someone in real life first, only you talk to them because you think they are hott/pretty or whatever. this way you get the personality first.

• I absolutly would! I mean I know there are creepers out there and we would have to see each other like video chat or something to see//get to know eachother.

but other than that I would :)

• Yes I wld... You never know who you will connect with or where...

• I suppose I would. Over time I guess you can fall in love anywhere.

• No I don't think so-it seems a bit desperate to me. Maybe if I got to know some gorgeous guy who just happens to live near me then I'd think about it lol. But that will never happen. Plus, I think my parents would kill me and they would defo think I had turned into a loser.

• well yea anything could happen right , but the person would have to prove himself lagit so I know I'm not talking to some 50 year old pervomaniact

• I met my second boyfriend on Facebook :) lol

• Probably not. I can't fully trust people I meet over the internet. Anyone could lie about who they are or google image a hottie and say that's them.

I'll stick to the old fashion way of meeting people for now; in person.

• ..Because people can't lie to your face, or cover their bodies with a dozen synthetic products to make themselves look better than they really are? xD

• I'm a girl interested in guys and the last time I checked, straight guys DON'T apply make up to their faces. Haha don't worry I'm pretty sure I can distinguish plastic from real as well.

• If I it wasn't extremely long distance.

• yeah, if they seem worth it and genuine :)

• well it all depends on if they don't ask for sexual things often!

• probably because if they are on this site they obviosly take dating seriously