Miltary man speaks for all. Military guys id like sime insight on your opinions?

I have a thing for army guys.. maybe i just like the idea of being with one. Im certanly not into thier pay checks or benefits although i think they dont get paid enough. Me being as rebelious and mischevious as always, id sneak into the army base alot. Climb thier trucks with friends , play tricks on them and sh**. Well i was with some people and we drove down there and the sargeant told us to leave and i flirted a little cause im a brat and told him i wanted to date an army guy and his exact words were ( i highly advise you not to, we are all horrible people). Why would he imply that all army are bad people. Also in my experience you can't even say hi or talk to an army person without them looking at you like your wierd. Guys if your in the army can u explain why hed say that im just curious. I haven't gone to the base in a year i just did it last summer out of bordom. And why are they so stuck up. I really appreciate your opinions hope they are polite as i do have lots of respect for the army. I just act like a bit of a brat when i get curious with things :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Surprised you weren't escorted off and shown to a police vehicle or a MP Brig.

Not all Military guys are "bad" I guess it depends on their experiences, I was a Arial Tech so I don't see much action beyond a computer screen in a secured bunker.

Though we do have our own set mind of morales that most people don't get, and won't get until their with us in those times we only had each other and were watching each others backs, here in what we call home, people don't do that, and we tend to still be in that same place we were when things were going all to hell. Its hard to conceptionalize everything that happens that can and is talked about.

I guess when you can understand honor, more than just the word, you can get a sense for how we are, were not stuck up, were just reserved, protective.

What Guys Said 5

• He might have said that to try to scare you away from military men. A lot of us are very sexual in nature due to the stress of our jobs. It's not that we are stuck up; it's a pride thing; we walk with purpose because that's the way we have been trained. If we act confident, we will be confident during dark or intense moments, i. e. battle.

• Why sexual and how should i approach them if i want to befriend them. Plus why would he want to scare me. And thanks for your reply.

• The whole idea is to not only project the idea of fear into the enemy's entire mind, body and soul but that we are some bad ass mofos. There's codes and a personal sense of honor to adhere to; the way I see it is that there are people out there right now wearing this uniform and quite possibly trying to save a buddy's life. I not only owe it to myself but to others be they here or gone, respect needs to be given is the utmost not matter what. By putting the uniform on, you are silently acknowledging the past hardships, turmoil, tradition and literally blood given up for the uniform that represents us, a community, society, a country. Do not ever disrespect nor dishonor the uniform because you are now carrying ALL of that in this uniform. When you fuck up, no ones going to remember your name, where your from, they WILL remember your uniform and say it was that Army guy/girl. Don't be that guy/girl. The uniform doesn't have to be Army, Marine, Navy, Air Force, they all fight in their respective strengths but in the bigger picture they, we all represent something more, we choose to represent the United States as a member in the Armed Forces.
    AND Now to your point! hahahaha
    Horrible people exist all over the world, FACT! There are certain codes of conduct that need to be followed when in uniform even with couples. I don't act stuck up when in uniform, if someone extends a handshake and thanks for fighting I never turn one down, I smile and just say Thank You, Sir/Ma'am/Ms.( if I can see she's single and pretty cute) Now if I was in formation, marching, being addressed or addressing then yeah I can see how at times by not replying quickly can be misconstrued as being a cold or whatever. The sgt. that told you only said that so you would leave and and maybe not get into trouble, and if he was an MP then well those guy & girls can be major pricks if you irk them the wrong way. Anything other questions?

• I've been active duty since '96 & I can tell you that is one of the funniest stories I ever heard when it comes to tresspassers. As for what he said... truth is we're asked to witness & do things we're not proud of. Often times, it haunts us. The majority of us are not bad people, I promise. We're just hard to love & understand sometimes. Consider yourself lucky you didn't find yourself behind bars or worse.

• you dont want me when i'm walking around in 90 degree heat, swearing, wearing my cotton uniform and an undershirt carrying my gun and my backpack. you don't want that. how can that turn you on?

• Its a diffucult job to put up with military men and women, its a hard job,

What Girls Said 1

• I was trying to get rid of you permanently. And you got lucky there the army isn't kidding about people sneaking into their post (post not base ) and that for a good reason.

I guess that statement may have been motivated by recent events they had to deal with. That someone got raped, or someone hit his wife or something like that
    And also because life in the military even as family isn't easy at all