Is dating girls the only way to start a relationship?

Can it not be done by becoming friends then building on that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Becoming friends first is the best way really, but people no longer value or understand the art of romance and courtship.

• So dating is the only way now? Will they not give you a chance if you don't ask them out?

• I still do things that way :) I'm sure there are plenty out there who feel like we do. Just express to her that you don't want to rush because you want to get to know her really well so neither of you is caught off guard once you get established.

• But that still expresses a potential interest in her. What if you want to get to know her before you decide whether you're really interested.

What Girls Said 4

• There are many relationships that started from a friendship. Or from being acquaintances, knowing each other through mutual friends. There all kinds of ways for relationships to start off from.

• it can be done by building friendships but if you build this friendship and it becomes a strong one, would you want to risk a great friendship if your relationship doesn't work out? i mean by all means go for it, but just something that i always consider.

but then your relationship could work out so mhmm

• It can be done by becoming friends first, but that also depends on the girl. Some girls don't want to date their friends but other girls are willing to. I know several people who have dated their friends and it lasted, but I know other people who would not date their friends.

• They say relationships that start as friends last longer not sure if its being proven. We live in a confused world where if your hanging out with a girl who's your friend people think your dating.
    Personal experience.

• yeah I had this friend in high school and we ate lunch together everyday and hung out, suddenly people started asking if we were going out and crap. people we didn't even know! it was like, mind your fuckin business

What Guys Said 3

• My relationship started from the foundation of one year of friendship, so I can clearly state that I have first-hand empirical evidence which proves that it is possible.

• It is not about becoming friends or friendzones etc. It's about making your intentions clear from the start. It's not that hard to ask someone out when you first get to know them. Then depending you can go abouts your 'friendship' building because at the back of her head she knows 'oh this guy confident enough and able to handle rejection and now I realise we have a lot in common and click...'.

• Yes but not everyone wants to go straight to asking a girl out when you don't even know them that well and you'd rather get to know them in a relaxed and friendly environment rather than on a date.

• Then enjoy your 'friendzone' my friend and the fact that by the time you get the guts to ask her out, she'll have met a new guy. Girls do decide from when they first meet someone whether they want to bone them or see them as just friends. Confident guys who understand this know that in essence, you only have the one opportunity to catch the fish or rue the missed chances.

• It's not that I don't have the guts. It's that I don't know yet. And I don't buy this whole "friend zone" thing. I think it's rubbish.

• Well you could always end up dating a friend or childhood friend, but I think it's always good to meet new people and see what happens.