How to accept a date but not lead the guy on?

I kissed a boy while drunk at a party the other week. He's a mutual friend but honestly I'm not that attracted to him. However he's nice and makes me laugh. He's now asked me out on a date. I don't know if I like him, or if I want a relationship at all but I really would like to get to know him and give him a chance I accepted because to me that's what datings all about. However I've now heard through others that he is in fact really into me and I'm afraid that I'll be labelled a player or bitch if I go on this date and it turns out I don't like him. I just really don't want to lead him on or give him the wrong impression, any pointers?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're saying he's in the maybe category because you think you're supposed to give people a chance, just decline.

If he's in the maybe category because you can actually see yourself maybe being more into him as you get to know him, then shut up about it and just go. Because if things do work out, you don't really need him remembering that at first you weren't into him. He's asked you on a date, not to get married, you're allowed to have doubts, as long as they're genuinely doubts not 'i really know this has no chance but i will go see because people say you never know'. Yeah, you do often know.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd let him know ahead of time.

"Hey, I was thinking about it, and really like you as a friend, but I'm not sure I'm attracted to you, or if it'll work. I'd be happy to try a few dates with you, but I don't want to get your hopes up too much if you're really into me." Or something like that. It might be a bit blunt, but it's very clear communication and lets him decide what he wants to do (like an adult!)

• Prior to the date you tell him the truth. "I know I accepted the date, but I'm not sure if I like you that way or if I want a relationship. I accepted because I want to get to know you and give you a chance. I understand if you want to cancel the date because I'm unsure, but I wanted to be honest with you and let you know where I stand"

• Like you had no idea how many times he's ever wondered what it would be like to kiss you. But isn't it kind of amazing how a person who was once a stranger, can suddenly, without a warning, mean the entire world to you?

What Girls Said 0