Should I give him a chance to date me?

I have this friend that I have known for 9-10 years. He is a big sweetheart. He has my back and is always there for me no matter what. We hangout together as much as we can. He even understands everything I go through and still sticks by my side. He told me he wants to try dating me. Should I give him a chance to date me? I certainly feel the same about him. And I love hanging out with him. He always knows how to make me feel better.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you like him like "that" then sure consider dating him but if you like him and appreciate him as a friend you may want to avoid sort of dirtying the waters and perhaps creating a strain on the friendship by dating him.

basically only consider dating him if you have romantic feelings for him

What Guys Said 3

• Well, if you feel the same about him, and you love hanging out with him, I don't see why you have "to give him a chance". Just say yes and try it. The worst thing that could happen is that you'd go back to the relationship you are now. Unless someone really screws up.

• Yes you should. Just make sure you don't lose the friendship if it doesn't work

• this is 1+1 the answer is so obvious, Yes Date Him.
    He deserves it...

What Girls Said 0