Is she quiet or just uninterested?

My girlfriend has always been relatively quiet and sheltered, and I've always done everything first. She's never contacted me first.(We've been dating for 4 months) When we're together we hold hands and cuddle and all that fun stuff. She also talks a lot more now. It's just that we're not together all to much because it's only when I ask and I hate feeling clingy (I call once every 2-4 days). I've told her to call countless times and it just doesn't happen. I can't tell if she's just to shy to say anything or just doesn't care enough to say anything first. Perhaps I'm just over-thinking this (>_<)

Most Helpful Girl

• I am exactly like this. I adore my boyfriend, but when it comes to initiating anything, I shy away. I don't want to annoy him or act clingy. I know he says he'd love it if I were the one to call or grab his hand, but I always worry that he won't want it and that he'll reject me. I suffer from pretty intense insecurity, so that's a big reason. This might be what's up with her. Some of us just don't have an abundance of confidence. :P

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like she is shy. Also, it is really early. If she is warm and affectionate when you are together, give it time. Some of us have been hurt and kinda want to test the waters before we fully open up.

• Four months and she still doesn't contact you first? She sounds a bit uninterested. Trust me when a girl really likes you they obsess over you even if they are the shyest person in the world. If she doesn't like talking on the phone she would text or message you those are usually the places where people are least shy. She actually waits 2-4 days for you to contact her and she won't contact you first in those days? You're definitely not overthinking it. Do the math.

• Do you know her to be a shy person? Because if she is, initiating conversations and times to see you would be difficult. You could talk to her about it, just don't be too harsh about it, you don't want to scare her off.

What Guys Said 0