How do you make your boyfriend stop being abusive verbally?

He seems to act like he's bipolar. Like he's really not. he does it to feel manly i really think cus im like real set in my ways and outspoken and i think that intimidates him and insults his manhood. Please if anyone understands...

Most Helpful Guy

• My answer would be... to stop dating him. At that point, he ceases to be your boyfriend.

If he's verbally abusive, and you don't like it, you tell him. If he keeps doing it, or completely ignores you, he's got issues that are bigger than you. He might not stop. And is it worth it to stick with a guy who won't stop that?

I had a girl who was always calling me names that I didn't like. I told her several times I didn't like it. She ignored me. I broke up with her. I didn't stoop to her level, though I easily could have. I got rid of the insults by letting her know I wouldn't keep tolerating it. And I stuck by that. She didn't stop, so I broke up with her.

There's a famous anonymous quote: We teach others how we are to be treated. It's not always correct. And I'm not saying people deserve abuse... But in many ways, the quote is true. If we keep accepting bad behavior, then what's going to stop them? IF the guy listens, and seems to be making good on a promise to change, by all means, if you love him, stay. But if he keeps claiming he'll change but not really making the effort, then if you stay, you're telling him that there are no consequences for what he's doing.

It's not an easy answer, perhaps, but it's one that you should do for your own health and sense of well being. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, what do you say to him?

What Girls Said 4

• If he can't take how you are then you need to break up with him because he shouldn't be verbally abusing you.

• How do you do this? You leave him.

• You leave him.

• What exactly does he say to you?