Why are some females brainwashed?

I won't call them dumb, because that's mean. But some women just act so brainwashed.
Then when they get older they see the mistakes that they've mad. Usually they start not believing in finding true love, and countine dating douche bags.

1. That guy your friends with benefits with. Doesn't want a relationship with you.

2. If a guy expects you to put out a lot. Then I suggest dumping him. Sex is amazing, it's natural, it's beautiful. But an emotional relationship is better.
You don't have to be a p*rn star to be a boyfriend.

3. Yeah having a boyfriend is great. But don't believe sexist steriotypes about guys. Such as- you have to give them sex, you have to wait for him to text you, you have to make him feel masculine, etc.

This extremely annoys me and I don't understand why people put up with these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Too many romantic comedies like Good Luck Chuck and Friends With Benefits. Too much MTV and VH1 reality tv like Teen Mom. They idolize women like Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga, etc. They are taught my Feminists that Patriarchy oppresses them, and that they should rebel against all societal norms and religions by going out and getting a bunch of tattoos/piercings, getting on birth control, and having lots of premarital sex. They teach these women that by going out and giving their pussies to douchebags, they are "empowered" but it is really the douchebags being empowered by getting easy pussy, and the women end up facing most of the consequences.

What Guys Said 8

• Women are told a lot of bullshit when they are growing up. Not just by disney movies. But sadly, by other women too. In all my years, the worst thing I've learned about humans (and women specifically) is that women give each other the absolute worst advice in the world when it comes to sex and relationships.

• Yeah. I've heard bad advice from both sex. Believe me, you can't take advice from anyone. Some girls learn they have to get married and depend on a guy. I'm like whatever.

• Humanist also :) <---

• Geez @TheLastGirlScout - that is... revolutionary. Mind blown, as they say.

• d00d it just happens:P it sucks that the girl has to grow up learning the hard way but its common these days. im glad I don't fit that category at all though when it comes to the stereotype guys expectations:D

• 1) pretty much agree, not sure how this is confusing. Well it seems to be. I think unfortunately, men and women get told that they are the same. They are stunned to find this isn't true. Guys are sad their friends don't want more, girls are sad their friends with benefits doesn't want more.

2) If you're sexually incompatible, break up. GaG is full of men AND women who want way more sex than their partner, and a few the other way. Anyone who thinks sex is 'putting out' is probably not suited to having a relationship with anyone who has a moderate to high sex drive. Men and women need to screw like a p*rn star to have a good relationship with someone who likes p*rn style sex. Period.

3) You have to be compatible. The texting one strikes me as particularly dumb. If you like texting, you shoudl date guys who like texting.

• 1.) I agree with you, stereotypes are dumb and it is a shame we are culturally indoctrinated with them

2.) Watch KILLING US SOFTLY 4

• Why are some males brainwashed?

• This is specifically about women. Since I am not a male.

• It has been that way for thousands of years. Of course, that does not justify it but it gives an indication how difficult it will be to get it completely out of our (or any other) culture. Other cultures are often much worse, much more patriarchal.

• Yeah, that is true.

• why does your question seem so confusing. I don't know where it starts and where it ends

• I was planning to answer but I don't understand the points she is making.

• yeah that's made by some stupid media, I feel more likely girls wanting to get treated like a princess and they do act like that, I sense it and just stop giving them Attention, finally they come back and realize what they do is bullshit. yes some may have a fucked up brain and thats why guys just use theem for their bodies. I would definitely have more respect for a realistic Girl that don't start a game or come with those plays

• Cool story bro.

• Thanks for reading it. Must have been cool. Actually cooler then you :p

• Really? I don't think I picked up on that.

• I think best buy sells antennas that get sarcasm reception. They're pretty crappy though. they're made in china and there's these pieces that keep falling off. My friend had one but all he got was staticky Spanish novelas and the public radio where they speak real soft

• For some reason I think this is a male on a female user alias.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not quite sure what this question is actually being asked about. However I think I get the gist based off your "advice" and can tell by your passion for the subject that you have a good heart and don't like to see people being used. I am going to be gentle here, there are a great many people in this world you have yet to meet or experience, with social values and cultural norms that are very different from yours. People choose their own paths and relationships, even when it is hard, even when they really shouldn't, and they will justify to the ends of the earth why they belong there. We have the benefit of being outside of a relationship that seems hopeless or incomprehensible so we are afforded better clarity and evaluation. We also carry the burden of understanding and having to hold our tongue because people need to make their own choices. I have found if you see something dangerous and directly harmful speak up. However it takes a real friend and adult to offer support and understanding for the individual you are dealing with. Be there because giving your own energy is all you can do sometimes when their "vampires" leave them with nothing or take too much.

• 1. I know that friend doesn't want a relationship with me. I enjoy his company and the sex, I don't want the commitment.

2. A guy should expect a healthy, frequent sex life. I certainly do.

3. Those aren't sexist stereotypes. Most men do want sex. Waiting for him to text can be a way to gage his interest. And no man wants to feel effeminate. In short, if a girl wants to adhere to those things, she can.

While I think there are a lot of things wrong with the female psyche, I think you display them rather than address them. Women need to stop pointing fingers and support one another or leave each other alone.

Reject negativity and encourage positivity. Just because something annoys you or you don't understand it, does not make it wrong or dumb.

• 1. If you allow yourself to be used as an object. That guilts going to come back.

2. I'm not an object. He shouldn't expect anything from me. But love, respect, emotional support, and commitment.

3. I can text whoever I want when I want. It's my life. If that turns a guy off. Then he's not the one for me.

I'm just giving me opinions. I respect that you gave yours. Even though I don't agree. That's also okay, because we're two different people. With two different mindsets.

• 1. I wasn't "used". I had consentual sex with someone I care about.

2. Sex is apart of a mature relationship. While its not the only important part, wanting it does not make a man bad.

3. I'm not saying you can't. I'm encouraging personal choice.

Of course. This site is for sharing opinions.

• I think because of societyand the way the girl is raised, it has a big influence on the way we think..
    Ah don't forget the media