How do I recover from asking out a girl I barely know?

My first mistake was asking her out before getting to know her. Her response included "you're sweet and everything" and "I'm not offending, I'm just fucked up". I'm not sure what to make of the second one but I'm pretty sure she isn't interested. How do I recover from this, if at all?

I didn't ask out a stranger. We know each other, but I only know her from school.

Most Helpful Girl

• She didn't reject you actually, she's telling you things are a mess in her life and rather than bursting out in tears on her date or hurting you she's telling you straight up.

• That makes sense but how do I know when to try again

• become her friend. if you like her, then you would have no problem being her friend and being there for her as a person without the dating stuff right away

What Girls Said 2

• What i think is that she is just trying to tell u tgats things are messed uo in her life right now and about recovering I don't know u guys didn't spend much time together so ur not much hurt i guess just go a head and try keeping ur self busy ull recover

• Why did you ask out a complete stranger? (No offense)😁

What Guys Said 2

• You didn't make a mistake at all. You did the right thing. You get over it like you will get over all rejection,,,, it just didn't work out this time, try again later.

• You don't.