Online dating sites. Do they really serve their purpose?

I have checked out several online dating sites and never achieved anything there! Rarely got the chance to chat with someone, I had never replies on my messages. Complete waste of time and money on all of them. Is this just me? Tell me your experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never tried an actual dating website, but I have tried apps such as Tinder. Although it can be very superficial, the chances of getting matches are very high and I have found that the majority of people are happy to and swift in replying if you open with something unique and fun. I have found that many of the users are interested in just hooking up but many are willing to get to know one another on a deeper level and it has personally led to a few dates.

What Girls Said 3

• yes some do

• i didn't receive much responses too

• I did give online dating a try , I did reply 100% to all the messages I received but all of them just wanted to hook up fast while I was looking for an actual relationship and wanting to know more about the person.

• Yeah in thebeginning I was searching for something serious too, but then I was looking just for hook ups and still no chance.

What Guys Said 2

• they do work but its not for everyone. there are legitimate success stories out there. its all a numbers game though, for every 25 you swing you hit 1.

• I've had pretty good luck.