Why did he introduce me as a friend?

I've been hanging out and seeing a guy for a month.

I've met his parents he said he wants to meet mine, and he invited me on a family vacation.

The other night we went and got drinks. He ran into a friend (not a super close friend) and he introduced me as his friend. He hesitated while saying "this is my friend (my name)". When I was introduced to his parents, he just said my name. One if close friends jokes that I'm his "gf".

Also that night, I think I said something funny or odd because he jokingly said "I love you". Not sure if this is a friend thing either.

That night, I stayed at his house (his parents live there too) and we didn't do anything but make out. he showed me all his yearbooks and told me about family things too. I've stayed the night a few times and always said I couldn't have sex with him and he doesn't question it or push anything on me, he still talks to me too. I know he wants to, I'm just waiting till I'm in an actual committed relationship. We usually make out for a little then just fall asleep and cuddle.

We haven't had any serious talks about relationships or anything. I was thinking about bringing it up to him, but I don't want to freak him out.

Does he just think of me as a friend? Why did he introduce me as a friend? Did he hesitate because he's not sure either where we stand?

Most Helpful Girl

• It has only be a month, do not get attached to him so soon. Its been only a month so i dont think he has actually decided if he wants to be with you. Doesn't seem like you guys know each other so well seems like u guys are still processing. I know u want to hear the 3 magic words from him but its actually a good think he hasn't said it yet, if it takes longer thats even better because you will know he actually means it. Many guy would just say it like that, and it really means nothing to them. They would tell u they love u and next think u know that he already have a gf. I said that because i have been with a guy for 3 years and just found out he cheated on me and he has been with that girl for 2 months, they haven't hung out that maybe about like 2 times but he kissed her and told her he loved her. I dont think thats ur case but take it easy, when the time comes, he will tell u and u will know he means it. Dont rush him into it, but make sure u let him know that ur not just having fun with him. You dont want him to get confused that u guys r gonna be just fuck buddies or some shit like that. Make sure he knows u dont do that kind of shit, i hope this helped. Good luck :)

• Thanks! I'm waiting to sleep with him until we're actually together, I don't have sex with people I don't know well. So I should wait it out for when he tells me? He already wanted to meet my parents and he was moving kind of fast but he hasn't actually said anything about being in a relationship yet.

What Guys Said 3

• Y'all haven't had the monogamous talk yet... so it would be lying for him to say you are his gf.

• He introduced you as a friend because you haven't had the talk yet.

• So he's not sure what I am either? He hesitated when saying I was his friend. How should I bring it up without freaking him out? I'm going on the vaca with his family next week so I was thinking then or right after I was going to say something about where it's going.

• I dong think there's anything wrong with a quick talk about where you are at. Maybe say "I saw you hesitate and then call me a friend. Did you want to say girlfriend, because I'd be fine with that"

• you've only been talking to him for a month, you two are not anything special yet, you just met, you do not have a title so you are still a friend

What Girls Said 1

• He called you his friend because you haven't defined things yet. I mean how odd would it be to call you his girlfriend if you were thinking otherwise? I never like to jump to the gun when introducing significant others.