Is it wrong to want to be alone?

So earlier this year, March-ish, I went through a pretty bad breakup with I girl I had been dating seriously for a year. Turned out she had been cheating on me the entire time. I've dated two girls since, and now I'm questioning whether I am a lesbian or not & if I should just be alone. So. Opinion? Is it bad to want to just be alone now or even possibly see a guy? I just don't think I'm over getting hurt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it bad to want to just be alone now or even possibly see a guy?
    no it isn't bad to want to be alone at all. in fact I think being alone for periods of time is healthy. it helps foster independence. it allows you to sort of reflect on relationships and what you want in the future.

I would only suggest seeing what's there with a guy if you are actually sexually attracted to men but not just as some experiment since you've had some rocky relationships with women... essentially men shouldn't be your fall back

What Guys Said 2

• I think you're just confused and hurt. You need to give yourself some time to heal.

Even though it's difficult, take your mind off starting a relationship for now and focus on yourself. Find out what you want in life and accept yourself for who you really are, call it "soul searching" if you will.

Once you feel ready to date again and are confident in your choice of orientation, you should start dating again.

• no it's not bad

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're just feeling down, give it a few months, then make a more informed decision on your sexuality, nothing to be ashamed of either way :)