Gave wrong impression at a party: This Girl now thinks I'm confident and extroverted when I'm the opposite and asked me out on a date. What to do?

So I was out at this party and unusually decided to let loose with the help of a few drinks.

This girl notices me and comes to talk to me. I somehow manage to fake being flirty, confident and charming enough for her to like me and arrange a date with her.

The problem is that I'm neither any of those things. I'm one of the most introverted and shy people you could meet.

I fear that on the date she will see who I really am due to a false first impression. What to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am like you. However, I learned how to be that way without drinks. It is an act for sure, but it certainly helps socializing. Sometimes if I have to meet a group of new people, I use some drinks to make it easier (as it is still tough when dealing with lots of people). Just because you are introverted by nature doesn't mean you have to be limited by it. The fact you have the ability to break out of it when drinking means that to some extent being a little more extroverted exists inside you. Just learn how to use it.

What Girls Said 3

• Don´t worry about this. It is not possible to make a completely opposite impression of yourself. Besides, even the biggest introverts tend to be extroverted in a group of close friends, so it really doesn´t matter. If you´ll feel comfortable around her, you will be open. Just don´t overanalyze. She is interested definitely in you :)

• Im also introverted. You gotta own it. Never be apologetic about it. And definitely don't try to be someone you're not. Trust me people don't care as long as you are confident. So own it

• You go on that date. Be yoirself, dont try to change and if she doesn't like you that way then move on to someone who like you for you.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't be so hard on yourself. I've always believed in the idea that people have three separate personalities.

1.) The absolute best you, you can be.
    2.) The real you...
    3.) The worst you. You like spending your Saturday nights playing video games.

Most of the time you're only going to get #1 from the people you interact with. No one expects you to reveal yourself on a first date. Most introverts I know, myself included (somewhat), have some very interesting passions. Be #1 and also be yourself. All three will eventually be accepted/loved - but we're talking later down the line here... this is just a first date.

Your aim should be two fold. Have the most fun you can - you're going on a date with a hot girl! Live it. Secondly... get that date number two, give her the chance to get to know the real you.

• For starters, people need to stop lumping confidence and social into extrovert. Introverts can be confident and are social too! Just with fewer people for less time.

They also need to stop lumping shy with introvert. You can be a shy extrovert, a shy introvert, or none of the above. I was shy, I got over it. I'm still an introvert.

Take that date, maybe you'll both learn what I just said up there.

• Be yourself. If she doesn't like you for who you really are, you'll both move on. Good luck on your date!

• Go and be yourself people I'm the same way and if she doesn't like you for being yourself then she's not worth it.