It seems to me that this guy is harder to crack than any woman?

I've been trying to get this guy to open up for four months. He doesn't do relationships, because of his ex that screwed him over bad. He makes comments about how he doesn't trust women and he just wants to fuck them. His words not mine. He is a family friend of my friends parents. They've told me about the woman and that he has a kid. They met online, had a kid, and she took off back to her country and took the baby with her. She won't let him have any contact and has completely blocked him off any social network. I understand why he would have this outlook on women. He has never brought it up to me. Never even let on that he has a kid. Over the past few months I've been to his house and he showed me all the things he does. Personal things like drawing and collections of hobbies. He's gotten mad when his friends have hit on me and got defensive. Then he pulls away and won't come around for about a week. Last night we were sitting on the porch drinking and talking and he brought his daughter up, showed me a picture, and told me it's been a year since he's talked to her. Am I getting to him or was it just a fluke?

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of off topic but what a terrible mother, the poor daughter's going to have to grow up without a father just because she wants to be selfish and think about herself and her relationship with him more than her daughter and the relationship she should have with her father.

Men often get called deadbeats for running off on their kids but I think any woman who denies their child of a loving father simply cause they want to spite the father is just as much of a deadbeat. You don't deny a child of a good parental figure for your own illegitimate personal reasons.

• It's an extremely messed up situation. I just don't want him to shut every opportunity at a better life down. If I'm not the one for him that's fine, but he deserves a chance at a good relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, chatting about it doesn't necessarily mean he's open to you in a relationship, but if opening up generally is your first goal it sounds good to me. He certainly seems to have some feelings.

• Everyone has told me he never brings it up and if someone does he gets pissed off. And yes that's my goal is just to get to know him. Kind of get a feel for what he's like.

• Keep doing what you're doing then. :)

• Why dont you just tell him how you feel, if you want a relationship let him know and dont just give hints, tell him

What Girls Said 1

• His daughter and that girl are really none of your business. If you sit back and just enjoy your relationship he will eventually open up. Thats nothing to miss with, so don't pry.

• I'm not prying. I'm letting him come around. I've never brought it up or asked him about it. He just randomly brought it up. I don't press for any information.