Do you think opposites really attract?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6286770432/hCCA0DC86/

d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/.../5311038_700b.jpg

I think sometimes they can but I think people can be opposite with certain things not fully because then they wouldn't have something in common to also make it work.

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so, my boyfriend & I are completely different. Like looks wise, he's a skate boy & I'm the cheerleader (not saying thats what we are, but it's something to compare it to) & personality wise, I don't know we're not alike, but we're not similar either. Somehow we make it work lol

• reading the above comments, I agree. You don't have to have similar interests, but if you're personalities click then it'll work

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, they attract if they are elements that allow one another to shine. There is give and take in relationships to make them last, but there also has to be a common core similarity for mutual attraction. There are so many elements for initial attraction and to make it grow and last, any wonder most relationships fail. It is a constant struggle and work by both to keep it interesting and exciting. Not in a bad way, but for mutual happiness, it takes both members working together to keep it interesting, exciting and growing. Some similar things and some opposite things with lots of open honest communication and the want by both to please and give what the other needs. In the end it is about giving to get by both, with the magical attraction.

• I think that's a no... you never have everything in common and it's important to give each other some space to cope with that.
    But if you have nothing in common I don't see how the relationship could work. Where will the "click" come from? It's not easy to judge on but this is my feeling :-)

• Yep, i believe opposites can attract , i see no problem in
    girl into her own things and guy into his own things

• I think people with similarities but enough differences attract each other. I think you have to have common ground to talk about but enough differences to keep it interesting

• There are 2 different things: personality and interests. Personality must be enjoyable for both, but interests don't have to be the same. If two people have all the same interests in the world but the personality doesn't match, then it can't work

• It depends whether the differences are complementary or contradictory.

• yes they do sometimes it works like it worked for me :)

What Girls Said 3

• I dated a guy for four years who was the opposite of me - it took a while, but eventually we got tired of each other because we always wanted different things. it was frustrating. my current boyfriend and I are very similar, and it's just easier to agree on what we want to do

• I'm not sure who came up with that but we are not magnets we are humans lol. Sure opposites may attract but that does not mean they are a better fit then people that are almost the same and have a lot in common

• Sure, there is a certain attraction in many cases, but that doesn't mean that they would get along very well ;)