A short guy and self conscious about it, what do I do?

Guy's and Girl's, how do i deal with this?

...
update!

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I never thought I could date someone shorter than me. But then I met my now crush at my sports practice and he's a good 2 inches shorter than me and I'm not tall. I think what made me be able to get over his height is the fact that he just acted so confidently and walked around with his head held high which gave him a presence. So if you don't want to feel short, act confident (though you may not feel confident) and it will make you seem taller.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry to be so blunt but 1. Find a shorter girl and 2. Pretend that you don't even care because any insecurities you have about your height will only put you at a greater disadvantage, so ignore it, fake that you don't have a care in the world and make up for it with charm, wit and manners (honestly, as a girl I can tell you that Nothing beats a good charmer even if at first impression I thought he was too short) :D Good luck

• Why does he have to restrict himself to finding a shorter girl?

• Wow, sorry about that - I didn't realize how bad that sounded until i read it over just now :s What I really meant was If the height thing is Really bothering you you could just find a shorter girl. But by no means restrict yourself to that - you can go for a girl of any height if you want to but if you do number 2. applies. It was kind of an either/or answer (either 1 or 2) :)

• How tall are you?

• 5'6.5

• You're still taller than most girls so that's ok

What Guys Said 5

• I'm not going to lie it can really be a killer for some women but everyone has flaws dude and everybody works around them. Some are harder than most. You have to try and not think about it because you may think it will ruin your chances with someone and if you find the right girl then it doesn't matter. But honestly if a girl doesn't accept you for who you are then that's their problem. from what I've heard many short guys make up with their personality. I'm 5'8 and I think I'm actually pretty short lol. My gf doesn't.. Good luck many Don't think about it because It will cloud your judgement.

• It's only when you're worried about your height that it becomes an issue. Be confident , use your hair don't have it flat or shaved a bit of bounce in your hair can add 1/2 an inch or even 1 inch if you style it. And while it may not be your height it will give the illusion that you're 1/2 -1 inch taller might give you a bit more confidence too and avoid flat shoes with a thin sole pick a good shoe that will add an inch rather than a shoe that only add 1cm. If you have poor posture hire a trainer bad posture can contribute to height loss too.

• as short as you are think of the amount of girls there are shorter than you, i'm 5'5" btw, so I understand the struggle, look at Tom Cruise too, he's like 5'6" and he gets plenty of women

• How tall are you?

• 5'6.5

• That's still taller than an average girl. Trust me being tall isn't as big of an advantage as you think.

• Have a big penis? Hey, you may be shorter than most other guys, but you still win.

I don't know man, being short used to irritate the living hell out of me (5'6''), I just figured that if I own my height and am willing to be the first to bust on my own lack of height then it isn't as big of a deal. Really, if you can become ok with joking about your insecurities they seem a lot less important.

• I don't get the point of throwing in the penis remark
      Girls don't choose guys based on that... mostly bc they can't tell how big it is until you're naked. At that point, you've got her.

• I don't know, I figure that might help a little. It's just a pointless comment before giving actual advice.