Why people are so surprised?

why are people so surprised when I tell them I've never had a girlfriend before? I mean cmon I'm ugly it should be obvious

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm actually not surprised and it's not because you are ugly its because you think that you are. Low self-esteem is not attractive. If you put yourself down why would someone be interested in an insecure person then they would constantly question why that person is with them all the time because they don't believe they are worthy of being loved or can't see why someone is attracted to them.

What Girls Said 4

• 1. You are Not ugly by any definition of the word i actually think you look quite sweet and 2. I have seen absolute nasty assholes who have girlfriends so don't even worry about it - if you want a girlfriend try to put yourself out a bit more maybe? Remember girls love confidence and don't be afraid of rejection because practice makes perfect. Take it as a compliment that they're surprised :)

• Because there is nothing physically wrong with you. Your issues are mental.

• Being surprised is a good sign. Lol if they think it's totally expected that you've never had a girlfriend, then there's a problem.

• firstly, i think u look good
    secondly, Many girls would date an "ugly" man and prefer him over a man with self esteem issues..
    we, girls, are into confident men.. I don't advise you to bring up your insecurity about your look before people especially someone you want to date, the more you appreciate yourself.. the more people will appreciate you ...

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, Ugly or not. (Which obviously you're not. I mean grow up man you're not ugly. Google ugly people, you'll understand what I mean). They find it surprising because you're not ugly and you must have a personality that's attractive. Stop fooling yourself into believing your ugly. Waste of time.

• Clearly they don't find you ugly and they must think you are fun to be around. That's why they are surprised