I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend, I know I shouldn't be worrying about relationships but I'm yearning for someone to make me happy?

I've been in a quite a few relationships... most are online and the guy end up always not liking me and breaks up with me in the end... I am a tomboy but there are times I try to look pretty but I feel like it gets no ones attention... I've had a girlfriend but I broke up with her cause she only treated me like a boy, but I figured out I'm straight... but I feel like life if taking me no where... literally everyone around me has a significant other and is happy and being lovey dovey... I want that.. I really do... I feel hopeless, the only guy who was close to ever liking me was my best friend... I used to like him, and he told me he liked me back.. and it brang up old feelings to the surface... but the thing is he has a girlfriend... but he continued to play with my feelings.. one day we even hung out at his place but one thing led to another and we had sex.. I didn't like it... and I can tell he didn't either.. but he stopped talking to me after that day ever since.. I feel like a insecure mess... like no one would want me... I don't like who I am, I don't like what I see in the mirror anymore, and whenever I wake up, I wake up alone and probably always will be... sorry for bothering anyone with my problems it's just... no one takes to time to listen to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww this is sad to hear because I think before you meet someone else, you need to start remembering the things you like to do that make you happy. Or find new things that make you happy to get your mind off these things. Almost all of us are going to meet someone eventually, and it sounds like you have no issue with attracting guys and girls. You are a cute girl with a cute haircut :) and certainly will attract someone else some day. But for NOW, I would forget that and try and do things either by yourself or with friends that you remember made you happy. If it's listening to old music that you used to like when you were 12 as you fall asleep at night, or making yourself a nice breakfast, visit an animal shelter and play with a dog, whatever it is that has nothing to do with meeting someone - just do something that makes you happy again. I know from experience that this sort of pick-me-up DOES change how people see you and when you get your little glow back, people notice it and it might be the start of a relationship some day. Until then, being this down on yourself for being alone is something people are noticing whether you realize it or not. Besides, there is nothing wrong with time to yourself. :) Everything you do is just for you right now and you don't need to answer to anyone for doing what you like to do (except maybe your parents if they still have rules of the house put on you). Time will make things easier, but maybe some other nice comments here will cheer you up, and today will be the first day that you begin a new you, and like who you are. :)

What Guys Said 3

• I would also suggest a therapist. Are you close with your parents? You should talk to them and open up your feelings im sure they will do there best to make you Happy.

Im turning 20 this month and I never had gf cause of personal reasons. Im very good looking but its only now Im looking for someone to spend my life with and in fact I fojnd that someone, but for the first time in my life a girl is showing mix feelings for me and I dont understand her and she sometimes just plains ignore me.

Don't let ir get in your head! Think of your future! It may not be now! But just you wait... some guy will make you fall in love with him and he will swoop you off your feet. 16 is still young very young. You will realized when your older that life is not about relationships. Concentrate in your studies and who knows you may find love in the path of life.

• Only you can make yourself happy. I'm 21 and I've never had a gf and I'm not beating myself over it. you're young. just enjoy your
    life and the guy will soon enter your life

• The only person that can make you happy is you. Once you're happy with yourself other things will follow. Learn to love yourself first

What Girls Said 2

• Hey there,
    I didn't need to read the details to understand what you need. Your question says it all. You are a lost teenager, experimenting, trying to figure who you are, yet you're not fully satisfied. You're hoping a person will make you feel whole, you're waiting for that one person to "make you happy". Which is normal; most teenagers desperately want a partner to make them happy. However desperation can lead you to people who will make you feel worse. For example, the guy you had sex with, treated both you and his girlfriend like sh*t. He made you feel even more insecure.
    So this is why I think you should try and find who you are first. Learn to like yourself because no one can do that for you. How can be happy with someone if you're not happy with yourself?
    And you're not bothering anyone with your problems, because they're not problems. They're personal insecurities, no need to feel ashamed.
    I have a friend who was in the same position as you, and she knows what she wants now. She knows how to be happy with or without a partner.
    Hope this helped ~ B x

• You're just not going to get in a relationship and you're problems go away. I'm confused. Do you want a boyfriend or a therapist?