How can I get over the fact that my boyfirend left me for a prettier girl?

its been weeks since our breakup and i have been having a hard time accepting that he left me for a prettier girl,

the girl he left me for look like megan fox and well... i look like me -_- (thats me in my avatar)...

anyhow this is the girl who look very similiar that he left me for she almost looks exactly like her (its not actualy her though) just a similiar pic you know

a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/.../l.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my god, seriously you are CUTE. Your boyfriend might have left you for someone else, but that's where it ends. I think you are searching for reasons that it must be over and use that as your crutch excuse when it boils down to his choice to leave you was a jerk-move on his end and has NOTHING to do with you or your looks.

And for the record, she does NOT look like Megan Fox. She looks like an idiot who decided to date a jerk.

• "nothing to do with me or my looks" i will most likely keep that in mind and thank you, i hope you have a very nice day :)

• Ohh I was going to say - do you get told you look like someone famous, because I think you might. And if you do, your ex sounds like the kind of guy who gets fascinated with lookalikes. If HE thinks the girl he is dating now looks like Megan Fox then that tells me he's got some stupid obsession with looking for a girl who is his flavour of the month.

• when i was with him he did have an obessession with mega fox at the time

What Guys Said 8

• The girl in that picture looks like a blow-up-doll than Megan Fox, IMO.

Anyway, breakups suck no matter what, and they're worse when you're left for someone else, regardless of the reason.

All you can really do is try to put it out of your mind, it'll get better with time.

• Yeah I was going to say she chose the perfect moment to snap her selfie that makes her look a bit idiotic. But hey, the Asker already filled us in that he's a jerk so I guess he's found what he deserves.

• "hollyanne" sorry if this Q seems petty (which is il admit it) but was hoping somthing would click my brain in how to get over it, hoping somthing i might hear from girls answers though...

• ohhh sorry i read it again you did give me a great answer, sorry for being reserved i can missunderstand at times :p...

• Yeah, I see why he left you, the girl is absolutely stunning... So now you need to find a guy who thinks you are his meagan fox.

• i dont think i would be as stunnig as to be his megan fox, no girl espeacial me can look loveley as this girls pic...

• ohhh sorry that was rude i didn't understand is all, this happens at times hope you dont rember it is all...

• i guess i thot somthing else and you meant somthing else,...

• Stop beating yourself up in this way. He broke up with you, that is what you need to get over. You may think it was about looks, but I highly doubt it since you are very pretty.
    He most likely broke up with you because he was no longer happy in the relationship. Mourn the loss of the relationship, take some time for you and hang out with friends. Figure out what you want and need, then when he is just an occasional thought about someone in your past you can put yourself back out there.

• ok i agree il try not to let it get to me, il think of him as occasional thot of my past, its works enough for me and thakns this was good advice, i hope you have a great day :)

• Looks aren't everything to all of us guys. If he really values that I think that's his choice. There are guys that will like how you look and fall in love with your heart.

• Look on the bright side, you're no longer with a shallow asshole. I can't see why he left you.

• well its just like any brake up youve just got to step by step get over it but for your case you have self esteem issues stop comparing your self to others only compete with yourself

• its hard not to compare myself to her,... but yes i di have selfesteem issues since i was teen.

• i had self esteem issues but once i started going to the gym and lost fat and got some serious gains i started feeling better about my self, a tip i have for you is just focus on making your self better and stop thinking about your X :)

• well i have gone thoruogh all that losing 30 lbs used to be 143 lbs and now currently at 108 lbs and im fit and toned now... and i do groom myself but overall i hope it gets better.

• Get with a better looking guy than him haha

• you seriously need some hobby or something to keep your mind away

What Girls Said 4

• And how can i get over the fact that my boyfriend cheated on me for someone who is less attractive than me... Their both just immature little fucks. Plus she isn't so attractive, he face is all caked which I don't know how guys would find so attractive.

• if the reason why he left for her is purely on looks, then that girl would also be put aside by him soon.
    it takes time to move on, but time do heal please stay strong and hang in there. focus on other things and talk to your family/close friends

• I'd rather want him to leave me for a pretty girl than him being with me purely for my looks.

• exactly, looks aren't everything, we all turn old and wrinkly at some point :P

• That's what guys do. Use a birl for sex and looks then go on the next.

• i like your avatar lol and me and my bf dated for 3 years though it was long time

• il rember that, thanks and thanks for your option and hope you have a good day :)