What does this mean exactly?

My bfs mom and I were driving to the lake and we're talking about my bfs ex gf. And how he broke up with her cuz she cheated on him. They tried counseling as well. His mom then told me that my bf said when they broke up that he loves her but he's not in love with her. What's that mean exactly? That was over a year ago cuz we have been dating for little over a year

Most Helpful Guy

• That he loved her as a person, but he didn't love her actions/personal choices.

I guarantee that he's completely over her by now if you two have been dating for a year though. No need to worry about him stilling feeling strongly about her, I GUARANTEE he's over her 100%.

What Guys Said 3

• He loves what she could have and should have been, but that person doesn't exist.
    He knows she is not that person, so he doesn't love her.

• the mom needs to just shut up,,, there are women like her that just run their mouths without thinking

• He has love for her. Like you have love for a family member of friend but you don't want to date or have sex with them so you love them but you're not in love with them !!

What Girls Said 1

• I can only guess, but have you ever heard of the line "I love you, I just don't like you (any more)"? It's really kinda hard to explain, I think it's easiest to show what it means with family. I mean, you can love your brother/sister and still not "like" them because their views on certain things are very different from yours, or because you just don't get along, but you grew up together and went through so much together, lived together for years and you truly wish them all the best - it's just that you don't want to be with them all of the time. Maybe that's what he meant.