Do you think a movie for the first date is cliche and pointless?

I personally think going to the movies for a first date is pointless, cause you can't get to know the person. You sit there in awkward silence and watch, and if the guy leans over to hookup with you its even weirder cause you kinda know what he's there for. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel that the whole purpose of dating is to get to know the other person. You can't really have a conversation though during a movie without being rude to everyone else in the theater. So I think the first date should be a dinner date where you can actually talk and ask questions. Then a few dates later when you both know you like each other and don't mind holding hands you might can go watch a movie.

Just don't go sit in front of a bunch of single guys and start making out during the movie. I've wanted to punch some couples for doing that to me and my friends when we were trying to watch Kung Fu Panda or Superman, etc.. I ran one couple out of the theater for that shit. The whole theater was vacant, they could have sat in the back, but they had to sit right in front of us. So annoying. I hate PDA.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah I totally agree, movies for first dates are pathetic, especially if its someone you don't see regularly and you want to get closer to them by watching a movie. I think with a partner that you've been with for a while is a good person to go to the movies with, because you know eachother well and its nice to have each others company around, and cuddling without saying much is more than what makes me happy.

• I've always thought the opposite. I've always thought movies were a good first date precisely because the focus wasn't directly on the direct convo right off the bat. There's always the time before and after to talk, and the movie gives you something to talk about if the convo gets slow. But then I just love going to the movies so that probably sways my opinion on this.

• If you talked for a long time before or were friends for a while I would say that it would be ok. If you need to get to know the person then its probably not the best idea.

• Typically if you go to a movie on the first date, it's probably not the best idea... however, if you go to dinner or whatever afterwards, that's good because it gives you a chance to talk... just depends on how rich y'all are, how much time you have, and of course, if you two are getting along

What Girls Said 2

• Movie on first date is a big no no. Dates are for getting to know each other. You can't do that if you have to sit quietly and pay attention to something else

• It's bad for a random, blind date style first date, but if you're friend making the next step, it's kind of cute.