Does it annoy a girl when the guy doesn't text her first?

I was just wondering, cause it's almost always my girlfriend first and lately she seems kinda upset.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it doesn't annoy me. But thats just because I'm not a huge texter.
    If you think she's getting upset because she always has to text you first, just text her haha. She's your girlfriend, she probably really wants you to text her.

• That's my problem. I have low self esteem, so I find it hard to believe she wants me to do anything with her! Like hang out, text her, etc.. Would she not be with me if she didn't like me?

• I also told her that she wouldn't hurt my feelings if she wasn't actually interested and to go ahead and break it off, but she still stuck to it.

• No, she wouldn't lie!
      It probably makes her feel upset that you feel that way, especially since you've said you love each other. I understand insecurity can be difficult to overcome, but you have to realize she wants to be with you.
      If my boyfriend told me 'you wouldn't hurt my feelings if you weren't actually interested and to go ahead and break it off', Id take it that he lost interest in me, and he wanted to break up.
      Clearly she is staying, so I wouldn't question it.

What Girls Said 16

• Hi there,
    She probably thinks she's in a one-way relationship, that she's doing all the work. A girl loves it when a guy just shows FROM TIME TO TIME that he's thinking about her. Just send her a little message once in a while.
    Now I couldn't tell you if that is the reason she is upset, but it could definitely help!
    Hope I helped ~ B x

• I do send her stuff like "Have a good day" or "Love you!". Is that what you mean?

• What do you mean I'm doing what she's doing?

• Alright, she said she didn't want to tell what was going on because she was scared of what you would think. Now you don't want to tell her how you feel because you're worried she'll think of you as a wuss. Instead of dealing with the situation you're both stepping away, which isn't going to solve anything, so be a man and tell her how you really feel!

• I don't think it should typically annoy a girl... but I do think it'd be nice to have the guy text first. It shows they care. But it shouldn't be like that all the time, it should definitely become mutual. But yes, for the first time ever I think it's kind of a sweet way for a guy to be like "hello I'm thinking about you" through that action!

• I won't text a guy first ever because I don't want to annoy or seem clingy so... either we talk or don't talk haha

• YES. I always feel like I'm being clingy or bothering the guy when I text him first. :/
    This is what I say: You text me first or we don't talk today.

• it depends.. if she is always making the first move she might feel like he cares more than you do so try texting her first more and show her you care:)

• lmao. yeah it does , & if you don't text her first they start thinking some stupid ass shit like " he's talking to someone better" , but if y'all together then I don't see why she'll get mad if you don't text her first , cause not only the guys have to text them first , us females do too.

• Sometimes. If she is the one always taking the initiative, it gets very one-sided and could end up being an issue.

• Oh well, it is a common stereotype tat guy should mk the first move. N personally for me n A lot of gals I knw, we always prefer guys who text us first :) it shows tat u care n miss her. I aso always complain to my bf abot me calling n message him first. It reali annoy me. So if u r not tat busy as a big businessman , tk the hint n message her first bro :) 1 message could reali lighten her day :)

• I don't think it really bothers us but sometimes it's just a way to show that you care if you text first!

• Women want men to pursue them. Part of that is men texting first. Good morning and good night texts every day. How's your day when you know it's her lunch or she's off work. Times you know she's free, that shows her you pay attention to her life. Also "can't wait to see you tonight" and "iI had a great time last night" and not just asking her stuff but telling her about stuff going on with you "I just saw... Isn't that crazy?" Or about your day at work, etc.

• Yes sometimes. If she's making the effort and you're not, eventually it turns into a problem.

• Maybe some girls but I understand that guys can be shy too and not want to say the wrong thing. So I start them most of the time. But as long as you start them sometimes I don't have a problem...

• No. Well, it shouldn't. As long as you're both mutual you're fine

• yes! you gotta show her that you misses her!

• I don't know how to text, so it doesn't both me at all, lol

• I don't really care who texts who first.
    I do, he does it... whatever.
    I don't like being ignored though, especially after THEY just started the conversation.
    That's incredibly annoying and just... weird.

What Guys Said 1

• I hate texting, it's the most pointless exercise. I'd rather meet up, sip on some coffee and have a traditional face-to-face conversation.