What is the limit to dating age difference?

If you were 20 and went out with an 18 year old then would you say its okay for a 16 year old to go out with a 14 year old?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your example is where it's on thin ice. The reason why people make a big deal about those age differences is because of maturity. A 20 year old and an 18 year old dating are on the same level with maturity. A 16 year old and a 14 year old could be. When I was in High School I knew people who were 16 and dated a 14 year old. I didn't think any of it because they were a junior and the other person was a freshman, but now being 21 I think it's weird. My opinion shouldn't matter, but it's the maturity level so if both are in HS then I really don't see a problem. And before people say it's rape.

What Girls Said 5

• I was 17 talking to a 23 year old.
    Lets just say he's in jail now.
    Oops

• yes... although there may be restrictions when you get older you should look up the romeo and juliet laws for more details

• totally okay. people should stop worrying so much about age.

• I'm 28 now, I'd date as old as 40-45 probably.
    I think 20 and 18 together is fine, I also think 16 and 14 together is fine.
    18 and 14 together, not so much.
    20 and 16 together, not so much.
    **Generally speaking.

• I was 14 dating 16 year olds. there's nothing wrong with it. I just think it all depends on the maturity of the person. Obviously there are things that are just wrong like if you are an adult trying to date someone who is under 16-18 (depending on the adults age). Though I wouldn't date someone much older than 5 years older than I am and wouldn't date anyone more than 2 years younger (at the moment at least because I'm only 18)

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see anything wrong with any of that, although when I was 16 I drooled over women of ages 18-30.

• LOL I drooled over men 20-35, and still do.

• Do you think people would look down upon 16 year olds dating 14 year olds, because my ex was 13 and I was 15 at that time and you might picture in your head a weird couple but she looked about 14 at the time, and she had quite an ass and her tits were decently sized, she was more mature for her grade (she's in the grade below) Im 1 year and 3 months older than her, but I'm planning on getting back with her this school year, and it'll be better because she's going to be in high-school with me so we can see eachother more and stuff.

• I wouldn't look down on you, can't speak for others though. However when you're like 18-20 and look older and she's 16-17 and look really young I may look at you weird but hey who am I to judge.