How to ask a guy out without seeming weird?

So there's this really shy guy that I'm interested in but I don't know if he is in me and I would really like to go out with him or whatever you wanna call it. We've never talked except for "hi" like once and my friend is like just go up to him and be like hey wanna go out... I just don't know how to handle this without me seeming weird or strange since we've really never talked. He seems like a super nice kid, and we both are shy.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to start a conversation, don't just ask him out.

He could have a lot on his mind and that could catch him by surprise. He wouldn't be ready for it. Girls are the same way. You have to engage him and make him aware that you should be on his mind, then announce your obligations ("I have to go to class/work") and before making your exit, ask for his number.

From there, it'll be much easier and seamless to work your way towards a date by calling/texting or even chatting on social media.

What Guys Said 1

• just try starting smalltalk with him. just asking him out might be a bit too much for him to handle.

• So what should our "first" conversation be like?

• I don't know anything, about what you do or what he does. Try to find out about stuff he does and ask him to tell you more about it.

What Girls Said 1

• just go for it. most guys like it when girls approach them. just say something like :" wanna grab a coffee with me tomorrow? I'd like to get to know you better, you seem nice!"