Do you have any sympathy for people that get heart broken when they date people that they know have bad personalities?

By this I am not meaning people that get into a relationship honestly thinking the other person has a good personality and then get their heart broken. I have sympathy for people like that.

I am meaning like girls that go after a guy because he is fun, adventures and all the rest of it while knowing that that particular guy treats girls badly and then when their hearts broken go around calling all guys pigs etc.

I am also referring to guys that date girls because they find them hot knowing very well the girls personality is bad and end up getting heart broken and then call girls bit*hs etc.

I do not have any sympathy for this do you?
Please do not take offence to this question I am not meaning it in any offensive way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the history and mental health of the person picking these bad people. I wouldn't expect anything different from a person who was physically/sexually/abused most of their life and/or has mental/personality disorders on top of that.

It also depends on how sheltered a person is from the opposite sex. Heavily sheltered people often end up in abusive relationships because they have know knowledge/experience to know how people are supposed to treat them, let alone the opposite sex.

In the above circumstances I have empathy.

For able minded people, who have commonsense and know better, No I do not have empathy or sympathy.

What Girls Said 6

• No, it's their own fault. I tell my friends that when they do stupid things to.
    Getting with somebody you know is going to treat you like shit, then expecting sympathy is like if I jump into a lions cage then complain he bit me and expect sympathy after.
    The only time I have sympathy is when those couples are stupid enough to have a baby, then I just feel sorry for the kid.

• Exactly, I agree it is their own fault. I agree with everything you have to say entirely. Well said. :)

• I think girls that call guys pigs and guys that call girls bitches in this situation are just people that do not want to accept that they only have themselves to blame.

• I guess u can respond with everybody makes mistakes and sometimes people may get into a relationship thinking that they can change the person with the ridiculous attitude or personality

• I guess I can respond jeez

• I was not meaning it like that gosh... Like I said... I have sympathy for people that generally get into relationships thinking the person is good and find out they are not.

• Then I don't know unfortunately I have sympathy for everyone

• Yes & no. I always feel bad when others get hurt, but at the same time, people should know better than to date a jerk.

• Exactly people should know better than to date a jerk. I agree.

• I do have sympathy for them because they don't how to pick personality over outside appearances. Like, learn from your mistake of choosing those kinds of girls.
    But if they repeat to date hot chicks with bad personality then they don't deserve my sympathy.

• What if a girl repeats to date guys that they know will hurt their feelings do you feel sorry for them?

• No I wouldn't. Most girls that repeat claim that they can change him.

• Exactly and the truth is a persons character is a persons character. You can not change it. The only person that can change someone character is that person themselves.

• Hum I guess sometimes but not all the time people will hurt us whether we knew they were good or bad.

• I would feel bad for her heartache but that empathy won't be as muchas one who got lied upon thinking he is a good guy.

What Guys Said 2

• not so much

• I agree with you. If someone knows the person is a bad person and still dates them then I do not have much sympathy for them at all.

• Ma heart split into two for silly people dat has fallen into their spells </3