Is it normal to be scared of dating again?

I'm apprehensive to date again and put myself out there because guys always end up losing interest. I try to convince myself that we weren't as compatible as I thought, but it is starting to affect the way I see myself, and maybe I'm not that great of a catch.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its normal to be scared to date again, but I don't think that it should stop you. Sometimes in life, we have to take risks, to get that reward. We have go outside our comfort zone; Once we do that I think we can really open up and let people in which helps us develop better relationships.
    Also, try to be more positive because negatively is a lot more translucent... it will lead to insecurities and other problems in future relationships. In my most recent relationship I think it was my insecurities and jealously that caused it to end. I was who I thought was my perfect girl. We hardly ever fought, hardly argued, both really competitive though and that was fun.
    But I always told myself that maybe i wasn't good enough for her asked myself why she was with me. She would tell me all the reasons why she loved me but what made her go over the top i think was that I question when she would talk to her ex. They have a daughter together, so that was a given they were gonna talk but I just didn't expect them to get along so well. It bothered me and it showed. What I should have done is focus on the good and trust that what told me was truth instead of questioning it because of my experience in a previous relationship.
    Not all girls are the same, not all guys are the same. But you do have to ask yourself if the prize is worth the risk. You never know the next time you put yourself out there could be your soulmate, your best friend, etc. But if you sit back and do nothing you'll never no. My break up has been hard but I enjoyed my time with her.
    "Sometimes God takes something we never thought we'd lose so that he can give us something we never imagined we'd have" - (i recently read this in Spanish but i translated it)

What Guys Said 5

• It is perfectly normal to be scared of dating again, especially if it's with someone who you previously have been out with. That's what my ex feared, I cheated on her and then we went back out after a few weeks of the brake up, and we've been on and off since then because she's lost trust in me and she's worried that I'll brake her heart again, and that's her biggest fear.

• Don't underestimate yourself. There will always be a partner for all of us. Sometimes finding them takes time. Don't worry and remember always be self-confident... self-confidence makes you a winner.

• Quit being so negative about yourself. You're your own worse enemy. It's normal be scared of dating again under some circumstances.

• it is not normal but I can understand you. I feel the same thing sometimes.

• Yes, you do get this feeling.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I guess that is something we all have to face. The fear of being alone and of never meeting the one. And there is nothing you can do about if - because someone could lose interest in you at any time. And you could in them. So try (and I am telling myself this too) to love yourself and accept that you will be happy and you will be strong no matter what. This probably improves your (and mine ;-) chances to find something better than settling for insecurities. Be in love with you!!!