I feel very lonely... can't find a boyfriend.. any advice?

Hello dears,

my issue is pretty simple (to explain you see). I am 22 years old girl and I am lonely as fuck. In the romantic area. I have friends, I am outgoing, I am always out there meeting new people and having fun. So nothing missing in the friendship area. I wasn't upset about not having a boyfriend until not so long ago, but it started to dawn on me that I am no longer 17 and that it is kind of weird that I have never been kissed, or had sex. Yeah, that is right.
I am well aware of all my physical flaws that make my selfesteem drop down to Australia (I am from Europe you see), but I am also aware that I can't be the worst looking girl on this planet (I wear glasses and my upper two front teeth are a bit crooked, but nothing out of this world). I think I have a chilled, fun personality, but yeah sure I am not a saint either. Just your normal neighbourhood girl. So... my question is, what THE HECK is wrong with me? I am feeling very very lonely, it is slowly slipping to depression, some days it is better (usually due to the amount of work), some days it is worse. So, any advice? I know this is tough to answer. I add some pictures on the links below. And hey, I am not an attention seeker, just VERY DESPERATE. Thanks in advance.
P. S. Would prefer answers from guys, no offence ladies.

tinypic. com/r/2vluuk5/8
tinypic. com/r/98uid1/8 (just add http:// before it)

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have any hobbies or interests? Any places you can go to socialize with like-minded people? I think the reason a lot of good girls like yourself don't meet any guys is because you tend to be more shy/introverted and stay at home most evenings. You have to get out there if you hope to meet anyone.

That said, don't fall for the first guy who tells you what you want to hear. A lot of guys within a week of seeing you will be like, "I love you baby." "I need you!" "I don't know what I'd do without you!" "You're the most amazing woman ever!" etc. When you're lonely it's easy to fall for such tricks.

• That is the problem, you know, I actually go out a lot. I have tons of hobbies - I paint, I do horseback riding, inline skating, I go hiking often, I travel. I have a bunch of friends, that I have the time of my life with each weekend, I speak three languages so my friends are from different countries as well. I am not the type of a girl that sits on her bum on Saturday evening - I go dancing to a club! Actually that is the only place I ever get any attention. Guys trying to grab my ass and kiss me. But that is not what I want, I want a stable, nice relationship. Not a one night stand...

• Thanks, and you too. Glad to see good women like you still exist. :)

• And great guys like you :).

What Guys Said 10

• Thet's the delima, if you try to hard it will never happen. You can look for love all you want but it will never happen unitl it finds you. The best thing you can do is learn to be happy with yourself and let this person come out. Confidence is a great attribute and people will respect it. You don't need someone to make yourself whole but it is great if you have that person to share you life with. Your an extremly attractive woman, someone will find you and they will be very lucky. Just sit back and let it happen.

• I'm 23 years old and I'm on the same boat as you only I don't think my physical appearance is really my problem. I'm not social like you, I just get really uncomfortable and shy around other people, especially girls. I have on many occasions mustered up the courage to make moves on girls before but I've always been rejected. I've pretty much just given up as the years have passed on. Do you approach guys and show them that you are interested? If not then that may be your issue, many girls in your situation are lonely because they expect the guy to do all the work all the time and society brainwashes them into thinking that if THEY approach the GUY then they look desperate.

• The following is just my humble opinion:
    First of all, let me start saying that you ARE very good looking.
    But, I think twice or a thousand times before dating a girl with low self esteem.
    You look way too serious (for me), the hair in the second picture is way better but loose the glasses! (make you look serious again) You have beautiful eyes. You might just change the glasses for new ones.
    Like i said, long hair looks better, and you could try curly or short hair (i love short hair), i imagine they'll look good on you.
    When you are with your friends and others (man), make it clear that you are outgoing.
    I don't know about the personality in Prague, but I like manly jokes (maybe not too much tho xD).
    Avoid depression, and DO NOT be one of those girl's that gets upset or/and cry easily.
    If you don't wanna act romantic, act cute.
    Doing something about the teeth WILL increase your chances.

And yes, you will have it easier (then) cause you Are attractive.
    Good luck.

• I want to do something about the teeth, but I cant. It is a medical condition. I am a celiac and that can cause teeth decay without the proper diet. I am on the diet now, but it will take years before my health (including my teeth) is good again. So, until then, I cannot have braces, because it would ruin my teeth. I guess I will have to live with them for two or three more years. But thank you, I think that change of a look won't make me stop from looking serious, when you have tons of problems on your back, it kind of shines through despite my cheerful spirit :).

• I've just Google't the celiac diseases! Hope you are doing well and wish you all the best.
      Some think they'll get a cure by 2026.
      Good luck.

• If you're popular and hang out with friends all the time then you should try to do things alone in public sometimes so guys have a chance to come up to you.

• I thought of that :). But I am confident only in a group of people. On my own it is way worse. I turn into a scared duckling. You mean I should go alone to a bar and sit and wait? Because that sounds kind of dangerous :D. I get attention in bars, but that is pretty much the only place. During day, it is like I am invisible.

• Bars? No way! I'm not advocating you find guys at the bar that only want one thing.

I think solo activities like going to the gym, library, coffee shop, grocery store... those are places you can see people and maybe get some looks and go from there.

• You know what? I am starting to think it might be the Czech mentality :). Because while visiting Spain I seemed to have no such problem. People are so nice and outgoing over there. Here, in Czech Republic, people are cold and it is really hard to make connection with anyone, on any level. I am of the same opinion, I go to clubs to dance and I am not enjoying the rude attention, it scares me more than anything else.

• I'm 24 and same position as you, dont worry there's nothing wrong with you... things will come your way... It's just a phase in your life...

• You need to stop being desperate. I recommend you watch or read 'The secret' by Rhonda Byrne. Stop paying attention to that, be happy and follow the secret aka LOA.

• You are actually so pretty, I don't know how you haven't even been kissed yet, at least on the physical criteria.
    You could probably get any guy you wanted. Seriously.
    But I wouldn't recommend going for the really confident, upfront guys because they tend to not want anything serious. Try looking for shyer boys.

• Thank you that is very nice to hear :), I just wish guys here in Prague had the same opinion! :D Actually I dont like the really confident guys, I am scared of them, because I have like zero confidence myself. Any time I like a guy I instantly transform myself into a dude. Seriously. I am usually a girly girl, but I also like drinking beer and playing video games. That is my kind of defence, spoil any kind of romantic situation with manly jokes and attitude. No wonder guys dont want anything with me :D. I just can't deal with the romantic stuff when I am with a guy I like, but at home I am capable of sobbing over P. S. I love you.

• I love you too <3.
      But come over to Australia or the US, you're clearly not being appreciated enough in Prague.
      The drinking beer and playing games is a pretty immense turn on for guys as far as I'm concerned.
      It sucks that you have little self-confidence, you are so pretty.

• :D Wait, till I am done with my studies, I am planning to move to an English speaking country. :D Either UK, US or Canada. Not Australia, sorry, I am not a fan of spiders :D

• You're attractive. Maybe you give off a vibe that intimidates men.

• Don't feet bad that you can't find a boyfriend, I can't find a girlfriend.

• Well, good luck to you, Sir, may the force be with us :D

• The force is strong with this one

• i am single ,if you want we can chat

What Girls Said 2

• You are so beautiful... you look stunning, and when a woman says that she really mean it! ;).. You have a great body, a beautiful face, sexy lips and I bet you are very smart too so whay aren't you confident?

• Thank you, that is so nice to hear :). Helps for a few moments too... I dont know, I just dont feel comfortable in my own skin.

• ... then make something to feel comfortable in your own skin... you're gorgeous and young and you have a bright future so why to ruin all that because of you're insecurities?

• I saw your photos and you are beautiful, please don't feel sad for being alone. I was like you, feeling alone. So I just started dating last year, and I was desperate to get into relationship, which made me so screwed up the whole year. Dated so many different men (15?) , and none lasted more than a month. Until now, I finally found someone who is true to me. So what I'm trying to say is, its worth the wait and pick the right guy. I wished I didn't met all those men who gave me those bad memories to be honest.

You could try online dating, not everybody is bad, you just need to wise.

• I tried online dating once, I met a guy, fell in love head over heels and he broke my heart :(. He just wanted to sleep with me on the third date and when I asked him to wait a bit more he completaly cut me off. Made me even more afraid.