Insecurities of being Asian?

I'm Asian and my boyfriend is white. Is it weird? Any negative impression about me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm white and my wife is Asian, so no, that's not weird. I don't think of her as Asian, usually, just as her, if you know what I mean.

• aww that's the cutest thing! <3 my boyfriend never really tell me I'm Asian or even mention Asian. I hope he's like you sir. I'm pretty much sure you have adorable kids. Wishing the best for you and your family. #lovelots

What Guys Said 22

• Am a Saltine-American (white) myself and of the dozen or so girls I dated seriously before settling down, two of the most captivating (for me) were Asian... I don't think it ever was an issue because that was southern California and no one really blinks at mixed couples; but the one who was 2nd-generation American (her parents moved here, she was born here) was forbidden by her mother to seriously date a white guy... since she told me this early, it was easier to move on when it was time. But you know, you don't just marry a person -- your new in-laws are a Really Big Deal and I respect that. The other girl was beautiful, fun to be with, very attractive, talented, well-spoken and well-loved by everyone. She was also a nutcase. (Did I mention that this was near Hollywood?) But none of that had anything to do with our dating and looking a little different... It was a good thing that she eventually dumped me; I really adored her, and am not ashamed to admit that her race was one of the many things I found attractive about her. So I would have had trouble making the break because she was just 'so wonderful' in so many respects -- . Except for being a nutcase.

• I believe every Asian overthinks a lot. haha Am a nutcase myself at times. lol

• My gf is Asian and I am black. This is less common and we don't care. Love is love. DON'T GIVE A DAMN about what others think about it. Do you, do love.

• aww that is such a cute thing. Thank you and i hope you and your gf live happily. #lovelots

• Ty. You too. Have you met the family? Do they like you?

• not yet but soon. That's what worries me, one of the reasons I asked this. but he talks to his brother about me and he said he likes me so far but we haven't met yet. It freaking me out! haha

• No, why would anyone have a negative opinion of you? I'm white, and my father had two kids from a late marriage to a woman from Korea , I can understand your concern. If someone has a negative opinion of you, it's their problem, not yours. The only opinion you should place value on is you and your boyfriend. Remember, everyone has an opinion, and they are based on their environment, and their life experiences. Life is too short to let someone else impact you, and your life negatively.

• aww thank you! I hope you have a good relationship with your Asian sisters/brothers. its just my insecurities that was caused my judgmental people.

• Thx. it really doesn't bother me, I learned over the years that it's easy to look down at people when you don't want to understand how that person got to where he is. I was on the streets early as a kid. I did a lot of stuff to get by. there's only so much a kid can do when they don't have a home, or any family to support them. They grew up hearing all these stories about me, some true, some not, but they took the time to get to know me, and now, whenever the rest of my family start talking about me, they are the ones who stand for me. I've never really known what it's like to have a family, but I do now thanks to them.

• aww they sure love you more than you know. I learned that rumors are just rumors, just ignore them so you should think the same. :)

• Well... most guys I know have a bit of an Asian fetish myself included. You don't even have to try to be sexy... you just are. That's why it gets under my skin when Asian girls obsess over white guys and bleach their skin and dye their hair and wear contacts. I even once met an Asian and told her she was beautiful and she said "Why? I'm just an Asian..."

• It's a phase for some. I remember some Asian girls telling to my face that they don't Asian guys. There was also one korean girl that kept referring to white folks as "her people" lol. White people were just like smdh.

• Well thank you and I wish you luck with your boyfriend too. Don't stress yourself out over him being white and you being asian. You have nothing to prove to him. I know that from the day we are born we are brainwashed into believing white is white and everything else is wrong. When you actually sit down and think about it, it is just nonsense. Just enjoy him and let him enjoy you.

• We will definitely enjoy each other's company now. Thank you so much! :))

• Some Asian guys might be salty that you're an Asian chick with a white dude and no it's not weird. It's actually very common.

• Thank you!

• OMG! you're Asian! <3 this makes me really happy hahah

• Vietnamese and proud. We Asians run dis shit.

• I don't see anything wrong with that.

• well, some are just too judgmental and its digging my insecurities. haha

• Started an argument because of your races?

• somehow. I was so insecure because of so many rumors about us and ended up breaking up with him. Glad he said said no. haha

• i want to be an Asian

• why's that? :)

• because Asian men look more feminine than european men, and i like to be feminine

• I'm white with Asian girlfriend , best girlfriend ever !!! Way better than my previous white GF's. I believe I'll end up marrying an Asian girl. Loyal intelligent caring funny self respect morals looks after me (food) and treats me well. Also respects my decisions as a man. And she's beautiful ! Can't ask for much more !!! :)

• aww well, you are a lucky man. Wishing the best for you both! This is funny because that is exactly what my boyfriend told to his friends about me (one of his friends told me). lol #lovelots

• Yes I am :) By the sounds of things your man is too ! Hope things go well for you guys too. It's great hearing about a similar couple. Makes me happy. It's becoming more common where I'm from almost normal to see now. I feel Asian girls have a good up bringing. And will be great mothers !!! much love to you may the future continue to bring you joy and happiness.

• Likewise! I never thought of this becoming common. I met some people with similar situation but there are just few. To sum up, its very inspiring to hear it. Thank you again and I hope you and your gf gets whats best and whatever your aiming for for the future.

• I have a white swedish friend who ONLy goes for asian.. and i know he is not alone.

• :) this made me smile. I don't know why but thank you. hehe

• aww thank you. i'm not worried now. You're one of the reasons why. :))

• makes me happy :) enjoy life!

• No, it's not weird in any way.

• Asians are awesome. Be proud of who you are.

• aww thank you and I am. #lovelots

• you should teach me how to do Hong Kong Pooey. haha

• I totally would. Master Wong on YouTube teaches a system very similar to mine. We both do Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun.

• None whatsoever because I am white and I dig certain Asian races such as Indians, Japanese and even enjoy a mix of Eurasian too.

• I'm also attracted to Middle Eastern girls but Middle Eastern isn't a race of people but a place, but it still counts right?

• My heart and my penis do not discriminate against any race. :)

• haha okay! I understand lol

• Asian girls are hot

• I hate to break it up to you but not tall and I'm one of them. :P

• what does tall have to do with it?

• I meant all. lol sorry

• No , My current girlfriend is asian. Remember that you're with him because YOU like him, no one elses opinion matters.

• aww thank you. :) Wishing you all the best with your relationship. #lovelots

• THank you so much. good luck in yours as well.

• I don't findthis weird at all. I mean all my exes have been white, but that's just coincidences.

• Your kids will be soo cool yo B) no insecurities please be proud yo!

• haha you're so fun! Thank you so much!

• their kids will be cool and hot at same time... great mixed race :D and what's with yo? lol :D

• haha @zoe thank you. I hope they will turn out just the way how you describe them lol in the future.

• Asian women are one of the most beautiful women. I think your boyfriend should feel insecure. :)

• aww thank you. #lovelots

• I am so jealous of your bf...

• why?

• Yes, ma'am. :)

• well, I'm glad you like Asians and doesn't find us as an outcast. :)

• I'm unsure as to why that would cause you to have insecurities.

• well, because of judgmental people spreading rumors about me. :(

• yes they are white. One of the girls tried seducing him by coming into his dorm naked. lol yeah, i just realized that now hehe thank you so much! you're one of the reasons why im proud being Asian now hehe

• Aww, I'm glad I could be of service. You should be proud regardless, Asians are awesome people. :)

• Asian girl are hot

• i hate to break it up to you my friend but not all. hehe

• prepare for some envious white girls lol

• and guys for that matter :D most guys like Asians

• ha! i got one eliminated trying to seduce my boyfriend. lol

• lol hhaha

• Its very common lol. I see a fair amount of Asians with White dudes and the relationships are always long which is a good thing. I don't have a negative impression of you because if you or anyone else only found X race attractive then its your loss not mine hehe :D

• true! haha just that others are so judgmental its killing me. lol we're dating for almost a year now so I guess its working very well but not in the eyes of other people. Thank you for your advice tho! I really appreciate it :)

• i have a friend who is dating a white guy herself. his parents approve it and are very positive, she even asked if i approved lol!! just ignore them and have some nice mixed babies :3

• haha you're funny. We're still too young to have babies but in the future I hope. He pretty much already planned everything so yeah. :P hoping for its best. lol

What Girls Said 17

• No not at all. People limit themselves in their mind. There is no such thing interracial dating. I only understand love. There is no race for me, there is just love standing out.
    You are beautiful together. Accept your self as you're. Don't let anyone kill your mood. Enjoy the time together :)

• and why should it be weird? normal. free choice for all. act like a white couple and don't let others look down on you if they did.

A family or group if they don't like interracial relationships they have the freedom to avoid doing it. they should not and do not have the right to look down or have negative impressions towards other's choices. they have to have respect as long as they are being respected. the choice that has been made, has been made. who are others to comment on the choice one has made freely.

• girl, what is wrong with you - some of you are so exotic looking, its not even funny meaning you are beautiful so no, not weird...

• everyone's beautiful in their own way including you. :)) its just that others find it disturbing spreading rumors about us and its digging up my insecurities.

• huuuuuuggsssss. you're so cute! Sorry, I get weird with kind girls probably because I don't have a sister or even younger sister. haha

• lol cyber hug why thank you - its okay I understand unfortunately I do not have friends in real life either so I am here so I can understand

• no worries babe its just skin color

• its beautiful, not weird. I think mixed race couples have the best of everything ~ I'm always in envy of them.. and i have never thought anything negative.

they will also make the most beautiful kids in the word ^^ lol ( bonus )

I'm also Asian, from Singapore ~ many of my friends date white guys or black or indian, its the norm in Sg... also i was a uni student in B. C Canada on Vancouver island, its the norm there also.

• Don't be jelly, I'm pretty much sure you'll have one is that's what's for you and Thank you. I really appreciate your opinion. Although babies are for the future lol We are having our anniversary vacation in Singapore this year. We are both pretty much hyped. <3

• very nice, I hope you have a wonderful anniversary vacation in Singapore <3

• Times have changed a lot since my grandparents dated. My nan got a fair few comments for being in a relationship with a white man in Hong Kong. These days there should be no such problems and anyone who has an issue should be told to lay off :)

• I felt that in interracial relationship the woman tend to have insecurities eg like how others see them. it made me wonder why. interracial r/s is common now even though many still date their own race.
    dont bother about other people be happy

• true! you can never take insecurities from any woman. Thank you for your opinion, i really appreciate it. :))

• no problem just stay happy

• No... sounds fine to me. =)

• I don't know why you're insecure about it. I'm Asian & my boyfriend white, that's all I ever dated were white guys (not that I'm racist) it's just the area I live is mostly made up of that so yeah... you're fine lol

• Guess I'm not alone. hehe

• lol don't be insecure. especially if people comment on how pretty you are, there's no reason to be. A lot of guys find Asians cute :)

• Thank you! This truly helped me. #lovelots

• I see nothing weird on it. Just date who you love and don't worry about what others may think.

• Are you American? In the U. S. that's actually the most common interracial dating pair. Don't worry about your race/ethnicity hun, worry about your relationship.

• that's so normal it's boring...

• It's not weird as long as you two love and respect its all fine.
    by the way Asian and white couples are fairly common too.

• Just ignore the negative comments, probably people are just jealous.

• are you Asian too? :)

• Cheers to us, the Asian girls heehee :D

• omg! you're so adorable. sorry, trying not to be weird here. Cheers to us!

• No.. I am actually bitter now because a guy stopped dating me to date an Asian girl. So no. All Asians girls get all white guys. And white guys only choose Asian girls. Sorry for being bitter but your absolutely fine stop worrying. If I were you I would just be happy. I wish I could be... But the guy I wanted got taken away because he likes Asian women more than any other. lol Thats life... Basically be proud.

• aww I'm sorry and its okay. I'm pretty much sure there will be one for you who is better (no bias). Thank you again and I hope you meet your "the one" soon!

• U are great. GREAT.

• I think that Asian women are some of the most prettiest women on the planet. They are fit and have shiny straight hair and age very well. I also think that white and Asian mixed usually makes the best looking offspring in the planet. Don't worry about what others think, as long as you are dating him because you like him

• aww thank you! I love him to death but others are spreading rumors about me being Asian.

• Indeed, my brother and sister are both half Asian and they are two of the most good looking human beings on the planet.

• im pretty much sure you are too. :)