Why do so many older guys prefer/like dating younger girls?

I know all guys don't but i know some do, especially guys i know. I'm 17 and so many older guys in their 20's hit on me knowing my age lol.. I find it quite weird. Any ideas why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't date anyone under 21, and realistically, I probably wouldn't date anyone under 23 or 24 because college and work getting in the way. You have a big job opportunity in California? I would want a woman free to explore that option. They're "just getting started" being on their own, getting used to working, all of that. I don't want to be in the way of that. That's me. I swore off dating older women because I dated a few who liked to complicate their lives and live with added drama; it was annoying, and not worth the hassle.

21 and 17 isn't a huge difference in age - though it could really be a huge difference in maturity. I suppose it's partly about age, maturity, and life experiences that can make it seem weirder or not. That, and if they KNEW the age.

I wouldn't look at a 21 year old guy and scream about how he's a pedophile or pervert if he happens to ask out a 17 (almost 18) year old.

I'd look at him as a creepo and pervert if he was acting creepy and weird.

27 and 17 (and if he KNEW she was 17) I'd tell the guy to consider someone else over 22, and to stop sniffin' around the high school girls... even if the guy wasn't looking for a booty call or just sex, it's still weird. It's a bit different from a 54 year old guy and 44 year old woman, which is seen as different from a 34 year old guy and a 24 year old woman.

What Guys Said 13

• Men are initially attracted to women because of their appearance. Once you meet that person the relationship will grow or wither depending on their compatibility. Typically youth is one chief property of attractiveness. Young girls have the good looks that men find appealing.

However, as I wrote, these relationships will depend on who you are.
    You say you are 17, but could you be mistaken for 21? Perhaps you have a more mature disposition than teen girls, and it may be your level of maturity that draws older men to you. (BTW 20's ain't old!!!)
    If you are well groomed, well versed and wear stylish clothes you could easily be taken as older than you are.

Hope this helps. Be pleased that you are attractive to men and are being approached. There are many girls who would kill for that kind of attention. 😊

• Forgot you mentioned many of these guys already know you. You could give them 10 reasons to avoid baiting underage girls, each of them 365 days long!

• I'm 29 and stay away from minors because it just seems so wrong. I hear about this all the time with guys way above 20's too. You can even make an ad in "women for men" on craigslist claiming to be 18 and watch how many guys in their 50's email you.

Basically they're into younger girls from what I see for a number of reasons. They like how they look mainly and will feel like they have control over them. In some cases it can be a sign of how mature they really are underneath.

• Any 25 year old man looking for a long term relationship is not likely to be looking at women younger than 20.
    Maybe they're looking for something else.

• Younger is hotter.

• Because young women don't know about the older guys sexual inadequacies. She probably has no clue what that even means. That is the core reason for guys under 30 to do that. For guys over 30 seeking 20 somethings it has more to do with she can still easily have kids or is less demanding sexually than a woman in his age, once again sexual inadequacies.

• if u date a younger girl i wouldn't expect the relationship to last. as soon as it starts going south i suggest making an excuse but remaining a potential but not becoming a friend.

she's young and is likely to date obviously more men other than u. u leave prematurely and come back later on in life and u have a chance to have a lasting relationship with her.

the reason id date a younger than 20 women is to be her first time. first time love and lover. thats a special thing.

• if you're her first you have a lot of power and a lot of influence on her. if you're a good man - thats a very special thing.

• personally i wouldn't seriouslyt consider a girl who isn't 26+ becuase she hasn't matured physically or mentally so i wouldn't know who she would turn out to be at the time most want to be married or b w child soon

• Not this older guy. I prefer my ladies legal, and mature. =)

• May we just don't want any old grandmas to get it on with, and I personally think its weird for the girl to be older, unless its a few months, same age is good though

• Yes I've always dated younger girls but I don't hit on girls cause
    i don't want creep girls out

• I'm 25 and wouldn't go near a girl who is under 20 years old.

That said I find I attract a lot of younger girls and very rarely anyone my own age or older.

• I have no exact preference, but the girls I date usually happen to be younger than me.

• Heffer > Cow

My answers are mathematically perfect.

• My last gf was 8 years younger than me. I knew her for a while but didn't start becoming attracted to her until she turned 19. I guess the "fresh" aspect kinda appealed to me. She only had one bf for like 4 months and she was a virgin so I was her first. She didn't become clingy at all. Plus she seemed really mature for her age. Or so I thought. We got along great and we're still friends. But she has some growing up to do emotionally. She's still learning how life really is

What Girls Said 6

• Biologically, men are programmed to seek out fertile mates - i. e. young, fertile women. It's just in our nature as human beings.

• I think the fact it's taboo attracts them. When I was 17, a lot of older guys would try to flirt with me, and play with the fact that I was "jailbait". Once I turned 18, they left me alone.

• i think its because of both the inexperience with men and i think they think younger girls are easier to get with. maybe because they seem naive. for some reason they always value youth in a women way more than its worth.

• I'd steer clear - you're still a minor - maybe they are looking for sex

• i was told by guy friend younger girls are fresher

• Because younger girls are usually more innocent and they take advantage of it. Some are virgin and these guys like to be their first sexual partners. I think they feel powerful when they're dating/having sex with a younger girl.