Made fake dating profile with Male Supermodel for social experiment and have gotten so many messages in one day. Are girls just a shallow as man?

(please note: I'm did not reply to any of the messages or lead people on in these websites, it just purely for a social experiment which by the end the said account would be closed).

Anyway, so I decided to make a fake dating profile using this male supermodel as a basis.

I basically gave him the worst profile you could think off and purposely chose the worst type of description about him. However this did not seem to matter one bit at all, as the amount of messages that come in on the first day was incredible. By the end of the week the inbox was stuffed with messages by various women from different age groups (all the way from 18 to 60).

I knew looks play a major impact in these dating websites but I didn't realise that it did that much. Even with a bad profile description it would seem that women are just as shallow as men when it comes down to it with looks.

Do you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks ARE important, its true. The better you look, the more successful you are with the opposite gender. Thats life.

What Girls Said 6

• EVERYONE is shallow.
    At heart they want it all, but everyone is firstly attracted to someone's exterior.

• You have to realize that the only thing a person can actually judge in a dating site, is a person's looks. People usually lie about other details.

• You do realize that women are human beings as well. Since when do girls not care about looks and going after someone they're attracted to.

• yes, it is just years of culture that has said girls shouldn't be interested in sex that led to the belief that girls are so wholesome... why do you think Bieber is so popular, not because he is such a kind and caring guy...

• Everyone's a little bit shallow just some more that others but girls are just more quiet about it and yeah dating websites are full of sexually frustrated, shallow yet desperate and clingy women

• Don't waste your (and their) precious time with this. Of course women are shallow. Men are also shallow. We are human.

What Guys Said 4

• The problem with these experiments, both male and female variants, is that they do not take into account nor can they take into account the number of people who DO NOT respond to the faux profile.

There will always be a demographic that ignores a bad personality for good looks. Whether that demographic is a majority or minority when it comes to people I can't tell.

I applaud that social experiment because it exposes the myth that women and men are so different. They are, in fact, similar in more ways than we have been led to believe growing up.

• Yes, this experiment has been done multiple times by MRA's and individual men on dating sites like PlentyOfFish, always with the same results.

Disclaimer: We at the Patriarchy are not affiliated with MRA's.

• yeah obviously women are as shallow as men. THey just never say they are because women say whatever makes them come off as better even though its a complete lie

• Yup. Women are just as shallow as men.
    18 to 60, lol.