Am I the only one who would be turned off by this?

I went out with this guy for the first time on Friday. He was very nice and chill but he was about 10 minutes late. He did call to say he would be late and apologized profusely upon arrival so I did say I would go out with him again when he asked. Now I just got back today from an overnight trip and it's a 4 hour drive. He lives on the other side of town. He knew this yet still texted me around the time I said I'd be getting back asking if I had jumper cables because he needs a jump. I know he is new to the area so he probably doesn't know many people but I'm completely turned off that he would ask me to inconvenience myself this way and we have only gone out once. I didn't go over there. Am I a mean person?

I am not the only person he knows in this area. He just doesn't have family in the area.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your First Impression of him was Not a good one, sweetie. Already You have this Sour ball in your mouth about him. However, you let it go, and Okay, in my book, not really a big deal.
    However, I feel that he is getting His 'First impression' of being 'Ms. Nice girl,' Maybe feeling, although not really knowing You all too well, And Not even have Had a---Second round as in a shot just yet--------That he thought he could take a little Advantage of your Kindness, mistaking it for weakness, and by Him 'Jumping to conclusions' with This Idea That took------Balls. Now, it's starting to be a----Big deal, in my book.
    Unless you were the only soul on earth 'He knows in this area,' there was no real Excuse, unless he was looking for one to get you Over there, to either give him this helping hand or just to Hold yours and make an Excuse to see you again.
    I have had to grab a stranger or two in my life many times for a jump, in Many a store, and Never Once had a problem finding some schmo to 'Jump me,' if you will please Excuse my pun. The way I see it, he Called on you because he probably figured he Knew he could get you to run to him in a time of just Anything, and I would be Beware of Other things that could crop up with him----Before it gets to Round 3 with this guy.
    Now he has a sour ball in my mouth...
    PS... You're 'Not family' neither...
    Good luck. xx

• If you stand for this, you will stoop for anything he may throw your way in the future... If you don't have a good feeling, which I am feeling he could be a bit 'flaky,' reconsider a second date. You sound as though you have more on the ball, and as perceptive as I am, I see you picked up on this little catchy Catch 22 situation right away... Nice going... xx

• With you 'Not going,' maybe he will learn he can't just Think you will run over to him on a whim and a prayer, and will have a little respect for you----Especially after you were just coming back from being on the road for 4 hours...

What Guys Said 4

• I can understand it being frustrating but I definitely wouldn't be turned off by it. You're the only person from the area that he knows so he probably figured calling you would be his best option. Annoying but definitely not a deal breaker unless it kept happening.

• I'm not the only one he knows.

• He texted me first. I was driving so I didn't see it for like 10 minutes and during that time he texted his co worker which I'm guessing lives on his side of town and then texted me back saying he found someone to help him. But when I called him and asked him what was going on that's when he said he had texted me first. Then his co worker. With the lateness on our date and I had to plan it too and now this I'm starting to think he's a hot mess

• Fair enough. Yea does seem a bit off. I say give him one last chance, if he screws you again even a little then yea. I'd break it off. First impressions can ruin something potentially great. He (or you) may have just been unlucky

• I'm shocked that people aren't on your side here.

You go on one date and he's already asking you for favors? That's a pretty big turn off if you ask me. Plus, hasn't he heard of AAA? Sign up for $50, they immediately send someone out to help.

• Yeah I was shocked too. Didn't know going on one date meant that I am indebted to him. The feminist in me is outaged lol. Oh yeah and when I called him he mentioned he had called AAA when his co-workers came to give him a jump and his car still wouldn't start. The whole thing gave me a bad vibe.

• No that wouldn't be a turn off. A person who can't be inconvenienced is.

• I'm sure there are times you've had to say no when someone asked a favor. Not that I got the chance to here. Doesn't make me a horrible person but think what you want.

• Yes, mean. I would not date you knowing what you've told us here.

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't be mad at all. He doesn't know anyone and he needs a jump. And you do know him.

• I don't know him. I have only gone out on one date with him and that was my first time meeting him.

• It wouldn't have killed you but alright.
      Maybe he wanted to see you and he bedded a jump so he asked.

• Yeah his co workers helped him which are people he actually knows so he's good to go

• I truly don't know if I would be turned off, but I would be annoyed

• So is he supposed to inconvenience someone he doesn't know very well? Or you who he knows?

• Yea, kinda mean. He doesn't really know anybody, and he's in a new unfamiliar place.
    Think of it from his side, wouldn't you hate to call a person you barely know? It's like a last resort thing when you don't know who else to call. Some guy did that to me before, because he didn't really have any friends, no family and didn't really know anybody. He wasn't even my friend, and we weren't even dating, but he just called me because I was somebody he knew and he had nobody else, I thought it was weird but I went and helped anyway.

• I have been there. Living in a brand new state with no one around. However I was the first person he asked besides the people who live in his building or his co workers. I barely know him. Thought it was strange.

• Omg. You just put words to the unease I was feeling. Because he just asked me so casually I thought it was strange.

• If he asked in a really apologetic way and explained you were the last person he could call, it'd be different I guess. Just watch for other little things he does, like can he cook proper meals for himself not just open a ready meal and call it a day, or is he good with his house work and stuff, if he's independent and can take care of himself you've probably got less to worry about. Some guys are all in their 30s and still can't properly cook for themselves, those guys you gotta be more wary of I think.
      He could of genuinely not had anybody else to call, or he could just be used to females doing a lot for him.