Ladies would you date a guy in the military?

I'm curious does a guy get bonus points for being in the military (Air Force) or anything like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would.. :) My ex is military police, I worked as military nurse before and my dream job is related to military as well.. So dating a guy in that field is really a plus although its not really a must :D he passed for physical standard but personality still plays a huge role to dating.. so in short, even its a plus that he is in military, the chemistry and personality compatibility is a must :)

What Girls Said 17

• My first boyfriend was in the army and it crushed me him being away so often, it really messed with my studies and made my life insanely difficult. We were together 2 years before he deployed and stayed together for another year after that but long periods apart led to mistrust, arguments, jealousy and anxiety which unfortunately led to us splitting. I respect everyone in the military but I'm not sure I could go through that again. It would have to be a very special guy.

• yes! I would definitely date a guy in the military it would be hard when he was away but worth it when he came home. The distance would be hard depedning on how long he would be gone but without a little work nothing would be work. I do give guys in the military bonus points they deserve them for putting their lives on the line plus a man in uniform is always sexy (:

• Currently in a mil-to-mil relationship, we're both Air Force. It's worked out beautifully for us, even through the rough patches caused by our current deployment. I think it's been working so well because we both understand what the other is dealing with and why they're in a bad mood or too busy one week. I feel like most civilians would have a tougher time understanding that stuff.

• I don't know if I would. I mean, if he was most likely going to stay in the same state with me majority of the time, yes, but if he was to get deployed often for months at a time... I don't know.

My friend is actually going through this right now. We are senior in high school and she had been dating this guy since our Sophomore year, well he signed up for the marines (I believe) and like everything changed. Before he got deployed and had to do the boot camp thing, they were spending all this time together and all happy and all that jazz. But now she tells me that he constantly questions her love for him and that he has just changed. She even told me one time that they were on the phone and she said "Marino, would you be happy if I got pregnant?" (because she was having a pregnancy scare and it had been a month after he was deployed to the Philippines, I think, and obviously they had sex before he left and such since he had just come back from boot camp or whatever it was. Lol. ) and he said "Sure... if it is mines."

• i will fucking cry if they died.

• You didn't answer the question. Also I am Air Force I use more of my brain and leadership skills than my muscles even though I am fit.

• Ok I'm a very emotinal person, meaning my feeling go all out and dramatic.

I can't handle losing someone, especially a loves one and/or my boyfriend...

Geez I can't even handle breakups.

So maybe a military dude it's right for people like me. I wouldn't be with one unless I was with them before they made the decision to be in the military

• yes i would, if i love him that much, not only is he being brave but he is serving for the country and id always be there for him :) it would be tough but c'mon not every relationship is easy is it :)

• never never never, i have a lot of respect for those who go into the military or emergency services/other very dangerous job buti couldnt deal with having a boyfriend or a husband who risks his life every day and may never come back

• I don't know honestly that would be tough. I respect his commitment to serve our country but being away from him for long periods of time would be difficult for me, plus always worrying about his safety. However some people are able to bear the time being apart. On the positive side I'm sure he'd look pretty hot in his uniform though.

• we have a saying in Singapore. that only fat girls date military men ^^
    I personally wouldn't date one, and i don't like men in military or law enforcement... i don't respect them like so many others do.

If i had my pick of guys i would dream to date, it would be animal rights activist or an adventurer type who loves so many different cultures. :)

• hell yea, its really cool that they would help others, or put their life on the line. im going to join the marines when i get out of high school

• Never in my life.

• Sorry but no never. I can't take the thought of being away from him and him traveling alot. Or sadly, he can die. If he was previously in the military I wouldn't mind as long as he wasn't going back

• No too much cheating going on. Especially if in Asia.

• Yes. I would be depressed if he had to be deployed though.

• Yesssss!!! Love military guys :)

• My whole family is military. My boyfriend is too. It's harder for people who aren't expose to military life to accept their spouse being in the military. I'm used to it. Extra points for manliness haha.

• no, my dad died in the military it screwed u everything

• *up everything

What Guys Said 0