A question about how to reconnect with an ex?

I've had an ex boyfriend trying to get in touch over the past few months, but I haven't responded. the times have varied... once in the afternoon, once really late at night, and then a call and a text message at around 10:30 pm. I'm trying to figure out if this is drunk/booty call behavior or if he's actually trying to hash things out. It's been 8 months since I've talked to him, and the last thing I pretty much said was next time you're drunk and you want to fuck, forget my number, and I capitalized that last part. our relationship was tense because he had a lot of baggage left over from a previous one at the time. I'm just very unsure of why he would be trying to come back into my life like this after so long and after I really told him off and broke all contact and never saw him (I was in a different country for a while). I'm just wondering if anyone might have any insight as to what he could be trying for here after things ended so badly, I do miss him and would like to try again, but so much weighs on whether or not he could step up to the plate and actually want a real, serious thing.

do some guys really just want to come back into your life just to get an ego stroke and use you?
and what kind of form of trying to reconnect could be perceived at genuine?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I have a feeling you asked this before. GAG does not allow duplicate questions :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now back to you. Two reasons why a guy would call drunk. Either he wants a booty call or he misses you. You must figure out which.

-Fox