What kind of girl would date a guy less confident than her?

I heard that a girl won't date a guy who's less confident than her. Is this true?

Most Helpful Girl

• Confidence is something you can change. Probably there are years when you're very confident, other times when you're not so confident.. either way, it's something you can work with.

There are things that are inherent to people, talents, skills, looks, and probably if a girl saw something valuable and lovely in a guy, she's not going to mind the confidence department so much or prioritize it as much. Like a talented loner, or an introverted genius. Confidence doesn't mean you're the best of the best, it just means you're comfortable and somehow proud being who you are and you want it to show.

Depending on what a girl values/is looking for, she'll date a guy that probably is less confident than herself. I can say I've been with a guy that's less confident than I am, but that doesn't turn me off, nor do I think he's not "manly" enough when he needs to be protective or fierce.

What Girls Said 3

• well yes it is true, because female's aren't as incredibly confident as we seem. We're very insecure on many levels and for a guy to be less confident than me would make him a mouse not a man, ofcourse you don't have to go flailing around in your underwear pretending to be confident but you have to at least be able to hide any nerve's you have.

• My last bf was very insecure, yet I'd pretty much come into my own. His negativity and insecurities actually effected me in a bad way (I became less confident in myself, b/c he tried to insult me). So now, I don't date anyone who isn't confident, it's a waste of time. One must like themselves to like another person.

• No it's not true. I'm (kind of) dating a guy who is much less confident than me.

What Guys Said 1