How often do you need to text?

We've been dating for around two weeks, and just wondered how often you need to text one another. Is there any need to text on & off throughout the day or just a couple first thing? Just wondered what people thought?

I should perhaps point out she does spend a lot of time with me...

Most Helpful Girl

• Text only when you want to. Nothing should be expected, that's what ruins relationships.

What Girls Said 4

• You don't need to have your whole entire day sending text messages to each other that will get boring after awhile. Call her up once in awhile too. A message in the morning tell her "Good Morning" and in the evening call her. But of course set up times to be together so she doesn't come one here asking if your pulling away cause your not texting enough.

• Thanks... sounds about right. We never text much at the start & now we see each other pretty much everyday, not sure if there's a need to text through the day... other than to make plans for the evening...

• When I have to ask someone something.

• My boyfriend and I talked 24/7 until we got a place together... even if we are away doing shit we text either other. Jahaha

• Daily but not to the point where it's excessive.

What Guys Said 1

• Girls typically want you to text at least 3 or 4 times a day. And in the very early days of the relationship you might think that's okay, you can do that.

But as a guy, you'll eventually stop doing that because as a guy you'll be much more comfortable texting maybe once a day or once every few days.

When this transition happens, she will freak out and think you're pulling away and losing interest, when in fact you're just pissed off with that apparent need for continuous texting.

• Totally agree with this, I've had a couple girls who texted me all the time, and then would complain because I never texted them first. I always wanted to say to them "well if you could go more than half a day without texting me, maybe I'd feel the need to!" But I think it depends a lot on the girl to so you just have to feel it out. If she starts texting you first or seems upset with you for no reason, she probably wants to text more.