No hope for future? my bf of 7 months says he really really likes me but he doesn't love me?

My bf of 7 months says he really really likes me but he doesn't love me... He treats me really well like he loves me but he keep saying that he doesn't love me. He says he doesn't want to break up but he says he wants me to be aware of that he is not in love with me.

Is this his warning?
Why is he telling me this...

I am afraid that someday he will give up on us...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• Me and my ex lasted 11 months... And then... "I really like you, we make really good friends, but I don't love you."
    I wasn't crushed, I am a very logical person, and deep down I knew what she said was true...
    My thought is that it is better to move on than to put all your effort into something that will fail...
    Also remember that people get comfortable together... To stay with a trusted person because it is comfortable, not love... It is living a lie.

• What you exactly told me is my fear...

• Fear is a natural point of life, we can't change it... I hope everything works out in the end. Good luck.

What Girls Said 3

• give it time. its only been 7 months and if you ask me that isn't that long. if he really really likes you and treats you well like he says he does... there's no reason why someday that "like" might turn into love.

• Awwww thank you for your encouraging words!!! That is so true but I didn't understand why he has to inform me that he doesn't love me. He says it when we talk about where this relationship is heading for.

• it is a little weird that he actually says " i dont love you." do you tell him you love him?

• No, I didn't... I just asked him why he wanted to be with me. It is supposed to be a romAntic conversation but he gets defensive.

• Breathe it's only been seven months. It is never good to rush a relationship because chances are high that it will end as quick. Patience one of the most important things in a relationship. Enjoy what you have so far stop over thinking trust me it isn't good.

• It sounds to me like he really cares about you. He may love you very much and want to protect you and be with you without actually "being in love." He's probably confused right now about his feelings toward you and he wanted to let you know because maybe he feels it's unfair to you. I guess only time will show you if he ends up getting that "in love" feeling. Best wishes!

• He may love me but he wants to be with me without being in love? I am do confused.

• Well... I'm going through almost the same situation as you right now. I've been with my boyfriend for 1 1/2 years and I feel like he's not in love anymore. He used to be all over me all the time and he would look at me a certain way. My friends would tell me how they could see that he was so in love with me... But now, i'm more like his buddy, kinda like roommates. We've been having problems lately (him texting other girls and even hanging out with them not just as a friend) and I've tried explaining to him that we can't be together if he doesn't love me anymore. He says he's confused about life but he knows he loves me. I don't believe him cuz he's not showing it with the things he's been doing lately. I think he cares about me and doesn't want to hurt me. Maybe he's not sure if he wants to be with me, but doesn't want to break up cuz he's scared he'll regret it? I don't know.. It's a very stressful situation.

• I'm ar09145 and i don't know why my second comment came out as Opinion Owner, I'm new to this...